Do you love to shop the best deal? Do you get a rush of adrenaline finding the perfect product at the best price? If you’re nodding yes, you could be our next Commodities Manager! In this role, you will be a part of a fast-paced, build to order manufacturer offering you international exposure, hands on learning and unparalleled work life balance within a dynamic team.
As a Commodity Manager, you will develop category level sourcing roadmaps, metrics, strategies and objectives to drive toward world-class performance metrics. You will spend your first few months developing an in-depth understanding of your respective supply markets so that you can define the specific requirements of the item purchased and source from globally competitive suppliers who most ably meet our requirements. You will work closely with our R&D team and Engineering teams on advanced manufacturing methods and materials while also reducing the total procurement costs of the managed commodities as well as improving quality and service.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Create and implement effective sourcing strategies through analysis of company specifications and requirements.
- Utilize strategic sourcing methodologies to ensure highly competitive pricing.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned commodities, global supply markets, and pricing trends.
- Provide leadership with forecasts of market conditions, price trends and potential problem areas.
- Craft, negotiate, and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize total cost, improve quality and assure on-time delivery.
- Analyze and evaluate quotations submitted directly or in response to Request for Quotations to assure that quality, capability and total cost are satisfactory.
- Serve as a cost/price analyst establishing annual standard costs and monitoring purchase price variances for assigned commodities.
- Collaborate with designers on new methods of manufacturing and make for upholstery and textiles.
- Partner with factories & mills for sampling and prototyping of products and materials, and identify and address key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Collaborate with our textile mills on unique solutions to realize our innovation visions. Stay abreast of market trends, trade developments, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process.
- Review and substantiate price change announcements and communicate information with appropriate personnel.
- Lead cross functional commodity teams to establish and implement commodity strategies and tactics with particular emphasis on value analysis, process improvement, joint cost reduction and business strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or relevant field required.
- 5+ years experience in category management in a progressive strategic sourcing environment.
- Strong skill set in sourcing mechanical finished goods and components including case goods, metal fabrication, electrical consumer goods, lighting etc.
- A strong, technical materials developer, competent in all levels of development and commercialization. Experience with fit, construction, materials, technical applications, costing, and global manufacturing are essential.
- Strong analytical and PC skills including excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel internationaly on a regular basis to scout new suppliers and maintain current relationships.
- Master’s Degree.
- Mandarin skills highly desirable.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.