The QC Lab Inspector is responsible for the verification of product conformance through parts measurement including but not limited to: Production Part Approval samples, raw materials, and field returns as per print requirements. The lab inspector will support product evaluations on a routine basis utilizing various types of measurement and inspection set-ups. Present inspection results versus print and specification requirements. Administers and coordinates Material Review Board (MRB) activity with other function departments ensuring that discrepant products (RTV’s) and/or costs are resolved in a timely manner. Support team members in continuous improvement activities and serves as a back-up for various quality-related responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Inspect, record and disposition Production Part Approval (PPAP) submissions (metrology: measurement, gage checks, testing, etc.) as per print requirements.
- Communicate inspection results to functional departments.
- Coordinate and oversee MRB process from origination to closure. Work closely with team members to ensure NC’s are issued timely and communicated appropriately.
- Investigate part non-conformances.
- Process MRB transactions and maintain MRB inventory accuracy.
- Support quality department initiatives as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a QC role
- Experience in lab metrology is required!
- Must be experienced in using equipment such as Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs), height gages, calipers, micrometers and other typical inspection tools.
- Must be able to interpret dimensions and notes from drawings and effectively inspect incoming material to specified requirements, including dimensions shown in GD&T terminology.
- Must be willing to start early, stay late, and work weekends with short notice.
- Prior experience working in Quality, Inspection, Receiving Inspection or Lab Testing is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.