Do you love the art of the deal? If you are energized by researching, analyzing and negotiating deals, we have a wonderful opportunity for you. As a Buyer focusing on New Product Introduction you will have the opportunity to enhance our organizational capability as part of the global strategic sourcing team. In this role, you will monitor and manage individual KPI and supplier performance, suggest improvement recommendations to our Sr. Commodity Manager and execute action plans. Our Supply Chain team plays a pivotal role in finding the strongest materials for our products and we’re looking for a Buyer like you to join the team!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Procure supplies, materials, services, and equipment for delivery at specified time
- Place and update purchase orders for current line of products and ensures timely delivery to eliminate backorders and out of stock items
- Exemplis is a company that is driven to be the best in our industry, and this demands aggressive timelines. This position will be at the forefront of leading the procurement activities in achieving the timeline for critical product launches.
- Work with the Sourcing Team on an executing pre-production runs of new products and will assist in the purchase of Engineering services, raw materials, and tooling.
- Work with our PMO on providing critical information of deliveries and production schedules for the different product launches.
- Bring you’re A-game problem solving skills to create a world class supply base by evaluating and providing solutions to delivery constraints, and partnering with our vendors to meet the timelines for product launches.
- Be an integral member of the NPI (New Product Introduction) Team launching new and Innovative products.
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to understand, influence, and educate others on improvements to sourcing processes.
- Work with internal partners as product/quality issues arise, and leverage the supplier relationships in working towards resolution.
- Monitor performance of the buyer KPIs and recommends/executes improvement actions
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of procurement experience in Buying/Sourcing
- Knowledge of materials requirement planning, inventory control techniques, forecasting, production planning, cost/price analysis, use of standard costs, production processes (internal and at the suppliers)
- Proficient in Excel and basic analytical and problem solving skills
- Masters Degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM, APICS certifications preferred.
- Experience with supplier kanban, supplier safety stock programs, lead time reductions and vendor owned inventory (VOI) or vendor managed inventory (VMI) processes
- Experience in managing a global supply chain, preferably involving Asia and/or Mexico, and incorporating just in time (JIT) principles for planning and manufacturing
- Mandarin or Spanish language skills a plus.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.