Do you love a good challenge? Are you a champion of process improvement and efficiency? If you’re saying yes, we have the perfect role for you! We are looking for a Plant Manager to help driving improvements in receiving, warehouse management, manufacturing and shipment of products from our rapidly growing facility.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop the culture to excel at the following:
- Lead the plant with a balanced leadership style focusing on all aspects of a successful plant including safety and quality in addition to delivery and meeting financial goals
- Plan, organize and communicate plant goals and objectives
- Lead in accordance with Exemplis values
- Lead the effort for efficiency, cost reduction, profit and strategic plan objectives
- Support the overall Exemplis vision and functional leaders
- Promote an atmosphere that rewards employee excellence and provides for individual growth and development
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Provide site-level leadership to matrixed functions located on site.
- Supervise the planning and scheduling of warehouse, production and shipping activities. Manage materials to support production requirements.
- Oversee staffing/workforce efforts and partner with managers to execute the policies and goals of the organization.
- Select and maintain equipment, supervise product standards and implement quality-control programs.
- Serve as the liaison to different business units, departments, suppliers, managers to prevent any probable delay.
- Evaluate existing methods and processes to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Lead the team with unquestionable ethics and values, promoting a team orientation and collaborative environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or Logistics
- 7+ years progressive experience in warehousing, manufacturing and shipment of products
- 2+ years plant management experience, or experience leading a large operations division
- Experience in a growth environment, including implementation of systems, processes and continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of building and leading effective teams.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Experience with Lean, Six sigma, 5S and GEMBA highly desirable.
- WMS experience
- MS Dynamics AX experience a plus
The Fastest Growing Seating Brand in the Industry.
Born and bred in sunny California, Exemplis was founded in 1996 on one simple principle: when it comes to our customers, instant gratification is never overrated. Our brands were created to give our customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it. Discover industry-leading brands that offer award-winning seating solutions for every desk, space and environment.
With just 3 employees, a fax machine and a bell that was run every time a chair came down the conveyor belt, it was a humble start to what is now and 915+ (and growing!) team.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.