Howdy, (Business) Partner! At Exemplis, we’re in the business of giving our customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it. The only way we’re able to deliver on this mission every day is because we have an exceptional team of bright, engaged, and dynamic talent. Sustaining and growing such a team doesn’t happen on its own, which is why we’re looking for a rock star HR Business Partner who won’t settle for average and is chomping at the bit to make an impact.
In this role, your primary mission is to dive into our business, culture, and team to help influence and guide your client groups to the next level of performance and effectiveness. You’ll help create and drive progressive HR initiatives, actively engage with your groups to provide exemplary internal support and join us in our tireless pursuit of excellence! More specifically, we’ll ask you to:
- Challenge and coach our business leaders on talent strategy; provide guidance and support in building and managing a dynamic, high performing, and engaged talent bench to achieve business objectives.
- Provide robust delivery of HR services to employees and support leaders in regard to employee relations issues, ensuring all are treated fairly and with professionalism, dignity and respect at all times.
- Play an active role in supporting an integrated, best-in-class people strategy by partnering with the business to drive innovative programs, projects and processes that will drive value creation, build out talent pipeline, and engage our employees.
- Ensure Exemplis stays a great place to work - supporting our cultural initiatives and being a role-model for our core values.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Continually stay attuned to what’s happening across the business and client groups to help inform how, where, and when to provide HR solutions and support. Anticipate the need for change and influences change before a crisis or inflection point arrives.
- Actively partner with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to ensure we hire and onboard top talent that’s the right fit for the role, team, and culture, with the ability to grow into bigger roles.
- Lead, support and contribute to the evolution of HR annual processes (e.g., performance management, salary planning, goal setting, talent management)
- Provide people-related data and insights (e.g., headcount, staffing, retention/attrition, surveys) to client group leadership and recommend solutions and interventions as necessary.
- Advise, counsel, and support leaders in all levels of employee relations issues with a fair, balanced approach and uncompromising integrity.
- Proactively identify and assess employee hotspots and develop viable, prudent solutions in partnership with management. Spot threatening trends and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational change and continued employee engagement.
- Identify and manage employment-related risks, including litigation and investigations in accordance with government regulations and company policy.
- Participate on special projects as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in human resources, psychology, business, or related field
- 3+ years of progressive exempt-level experience as an HRG, HRBP or organizational development consultant.
- General working knowledge of state and federal employment law and compliance regulations.
- Master’s degree in I/O psychology, OD/OB, or MBA strongly preferred.
- Previously working in a manufacturing environment is a plus!
- Exprience with contributing ideas and providing solutions to the design and implementation of HR strategies/programs/processes.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.