Are you an aspiring project leader wanting to become a true PM Sensei? Work breakdown structure, critical path, risk and issues sound fun? Our Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a super-charged ninja interested in learning the true art of becoming a Project Manager. You will have the opportunity to get exposed to a portfolio of projects from ideation to launch; learning and developing your skills throughout the lifecycle!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Collaborate and learn from our awesome Project Managers! Assist in running large, complex projects from ideation to launch! Work with project team members to ensure overall project performance including schedule, cost, quality and status are maintained.
- Own small to medium projects to successful closure using PM disciplines.
- Use your amazing organizational skills to maintain document control, manage project database information, and track project activities for project stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule with input from team members including defining task dependencies at all project phases.
- Keep your project team members in the know by diligently preparing meeting agendas and presentations, taking minutes, and providing status reports.
- Participate in various facets of the PMO function including training, managing special events, facilitating process improvement workshops, maintaining project metrics and vendor management for our core tools and systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA / BS degree or work equivalent
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Certified Associate Project Management Professional (CAPM®)
- Experience with SmartSheet / Wrike or similar project management software
- Experience with SharePoint ---- priceless!
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong interpersonal, analytical and decision- making skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.