We’re in pursuit of chair perfection and seek a New Product Introduction (NPI) Senior Quality Engineer to help us reach the goal! As our NPI Sr. QE, you will be in a role that is proactive and hands-on, always striving to ensure that our products are introduced to production meeting all APQP/PPAP requirements. The NPI Sr. QE must also assist the plant team in completing all NPI requirements on time, on budget, with the highest level of quality to minimize our Customers' time to market and ensure reliable future production. Perfection awaits, and we want your help to get us there!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Collaborate with Design, Process and Manufacturing Engineering teams to determine critical product and subassembly features
- Serve as key participant in PMO led NPI process meetings
- Lead quality activities in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process and determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup
- Partner with the Manufacturing and Process Engineering function to lead pre-launch production trial runs and process quality monitoring
- Develop product test plans and perform production test according manufacturing process instructions
- Monitor operations of product and evaluate designs and ensure adherence to all design and manufacturing instructions
- Ensure compliance to all Engineering Change Order procedures and work instructions
- Collaborate with Product Design Engineering, Manufacturing and Process Engineering to assist in transition of design prototypes into cost efficient and high volume products
- Analyze and recommend improvements to all production process and methods to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement
- Lead the plant NPI team in the development and completion of PPAP requirements for NPI’s (e.g., PFMEA support, Control Plan, MSA, Capability Analysis, etc.)
- Lead for defining project timelines, identifying all quality resource requirements, and evaluating financials for quality processes
- Analyze internal quality and warranty data, history, trends, corrective actions and improvements during previous NPI’s to create a lessons learned library for future NPI’s
- Analyze and recommend corrective actions for any design failure occurrences
- Coordinate NPI status reports and other appropriate reports for Quality
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in the Quality function
- Strong APQP and validation processes knowledge are required
- Strong ability to perform root cause analysis
- Ability to effectively employ standard methods and tools, APQP, PPAP (DFEMA, PFMEA, PFD, Control Plans, MSA, Capability Studies, etc.)
- Knowledge in Quality Management Systems: ISO9001, IATF16949 or AS9100
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in NPI methodology and processes
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience in the automotive or similar industry
- Formal training as a Quality Auditor
- Six Sigma, Lean, or ASQ Certification and/or trainings
- Experience with quality software/statistical analysis applications such as Minitab
- Experience with project management software
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.