Is your sales superhero cape nearby? It’s time to throw it on and join our team! We’re looking for a Sales Support Associate that loves to win and takes pride in being easy to do business with. You won’t just be the secret weapon behind the scenes; you will partner regularly with the Director of Sales and multiple Sales Reps as well as interface with Commercial Furniture Dealerships, Design Firms and End-users. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with our Product Sample Delivery Service and our Warehouse in Houston, TX. We’ve saved you a superhero seat – come join the team!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Sales Team Support
- Provide monthly reports as required in support of the Director
- Manage Product Sample Inventory, Repair and In/Out
- Provide accurate and timely quotes, discounts and pricing, contract information, product and fabric information, assistance on bid responses
- Complete and submit various internal documents such as requests for special pricing, special product, warranty and/or parts replacement
- Follow up with internal departments on order and product questions, special product requests, warranty issues, resolution of on hold orders
- Update Salesforce.com project and contacts database
- Order brochures, fabric samples and other collateral materials
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events and presentations including meals, product samples, brochures, etc.
Dealer, Architect & Design Firms, and End-User Support
- Provide product pricing quotes
- Answer questions on products, fabrics, pricing, discounts, contracts, orders
- Order/warranty follow-up
- Answer questions on products, fabrics, pricing
- Order and send literature, fabric samples
- Outside Sales Support (estimated 15-20%)
- Manage sample inventory at Houston Storage facility.
- Deliver materials for a project, update Dealer and Design Firm libraries as needed
- On an emergency basis, deliver and pick-up sample chairs
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years sales support experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be located in Houston, TX area
- Commercial furniture industry knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Position would office for the time being out of their home and meet bi-weekly with the Houston team.
- Eventual plan is that the individual would work out of a corporate showroom on a daily basis.
- Ability to travel within the Houston territory as required, mileage paid for work-related mileage and expenses
- Necessary tools provided such as computer, printer, internet, cell phone, supplies
- Ability to lift, move and deliver chair samples
- Possess a car that can hold at least one chair for deliveries
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.