Narrator: Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to source for multiple buildings in a single bound.
Man 1: Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird.
Woman: It’s a plane
Man 2: It’s a Sourcing Superhero!
Narrator: Yes, it’s Sourcing Superhero, strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men/women. Sourcing Superhero, who can pave the road of a sourcing roadmap and negotiate contracts with his/her bare hands. And who, disguised as a professional and positive manager for one of the largest office furniture manufactures in North America, fights a never ending battle for truth, integrity and the Exemplis way.
Attention all Sourcing Superheroes! We’re looking for a Manager, Indirect Sourcing to join our dynamic Supply Chain team! In this role, you will maintain professional and effective relations with existing providers as well as develop new service providers across indirect product categories, including IT, telecom, professional and operational services. You will also be responsible for developing category level sourcing roadmaps, metrics, strategies and objectives to drive toward world-class performance. We will rely on your expertise to define in detail the specific requirements of the item purchased and source from competitive suppliers who most ably meet company requirements as well as reduce the total procurement costs of the managed commodities while improving quality and service. Do you have your superhero cape ready?
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Utilize strategic sourcing process to identify and implement indirect product initiatives to optimize cost-effective solutions across the enterprise.
- Guide Functional groups (Executive office, Product Marketing, Finance, IT,HR, Legal, Marketing, Customer Care and New Product Development teams) in discovery, contract negotiation, optimizing economic value, on-time delivery of product & services, cost management & reduction, supplier & partner risk mitigation, and scope of work development .
- Performs total cost analysis; Identifies and coordinates new indirect project and savings opportunities cross-functionally.
- Develop, negotiate, and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize total cost,
- Measures and holds indirect suppliers to defined SLAs (contractual) and ensures proper remuneration is received for lack of performance.
- Develops, documents, and communicates Exemplis internal indirect policy and procedures.
- Measures and reports internal compliance to new and existing indirect initiatives.
- Cooperatively develops specifications and processes to service multiple production sites.
- Manage performance against contract terms and recommend courses of action to rectify discrepancies.
- Acts as Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) and Analyze and interpret industry conditions and state of the art advancements, which may have an effect on design, lead-time, etc. Prepare statistical analysis of market trends for long range purchasing strategies.
- Review and substantiate price change announcements and communicate information with appropriate personnel.
- Lead cross functional commodity teams to establish and implement commodity strategies and tactics with particular. emphasis on value analysis, process improvement, joint cost reduction and business strategy.
- Responsible for overall performance of suppliers in assigned commodities.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of Sourcing in a progressive Strategic Sourcing environment.
- Experience with Indirect Spend Categories (IT, Marketing, Travel, Facilities, Professional Services, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interaction at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and work on projects in a team environment and across functions.
- Strong analytical and PC skills including excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with contract review and basic drafting.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM, APICS or other professional certifications preferred.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.