Do you have a passion for great quality and continuous improvement? Do you want to make a difference and an impact with the knowledge you possess? Do you believe philosophically that quality is everyone’s responsibility? We do!
Exemplis is looking for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join our high growth organization who will support and participate in the new product introduction (NPI) process to ensure supplied material and components meet requirements. As a Senior SQE, you will be responsible for investigating supplier issues in the manufacturing environment, communicating issues to suppliers and working with them to find root cause and implement permanent corrective action, reviewing all supplier Production Part Approval (PPAP) and sample submissions for accuracy to designed print and other specifications, overseeing and improving supplier inspection and quality processes, monitoring and measuring supplier performance, and visiting suppliers to drive solutions and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Reviews products, specifications and aesthetic requirements for translation into supplier acceptance methods and control plans, including acceptance sampling plans
- Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and risks
- Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
- Facilitate supplier root cause analysis and corrective actions for resolution
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Promote the use of Exemplis preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Supports essential quality systems similar to ISO/IATF16949, APQP and PPAP
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Develop, coordinate and execute long and short term strategies to secure attainment of company goals including continuous improvement activities
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) experience or similar Quality role
- Working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in the automotive or similar industry
- Formal training as a Quality Auditor
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification, and/or training
- Experience with quality software/statistical analysis applications such as Minitab
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.