At Exemplis, we strive relentlessly to provide our customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it. We’re able to deliver on this mission every day through our exceptional team of bright, engaged, and dynamic talent. So, if you’re someone who’s passionate, driven, won’t settle for status quo, then we may have a role for you!
The Plastics & Tooling Engineer will be responsible for providing design support of plastic components, material selection advice, tooling design and qualification of 3rd party suppliers, and ensure clear company standards are created and followed in these areas. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual to gain extensive career experience while working for a multi-national company!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Managing tooling programs of up to 30+ tools
- Tooling RFQs, Vet suppliers quotes for completeness and accuracy
- On-time completion of tooling projects/Cost model estimates
- Tool design and construction direction for DFM
- Tool performance aligned to forecasted yields/utilization assumptions
- Interpreting Mold flow analysis for DFM
- Tooling vendor selection
- Maintaining PDM data base for capital assets(tooling)
- Ability to access risk, make decision based on limited inputs
- Attend trials in Asia and Mexico, reducing lead time for diagnosis/CA
- Provide CA direction of molding process parameters related to specific unacceptable part conditions
- Ability to “predict”; Preempting unplanned downtime associated with tooling
- Budget estimates for new multi tool projects
- Tool design SME/support to our Product Engineers, optimizing manufacturability
- Resin/Steel considerations related to part performance/cost model
- Texture and surface finish considerations
- Anticipate potential fit and function, esthetic issues , provide preventative design measures to minimize impact to schedule and cost
- Develop project schedules, and weekly commination to cross functional teams
- Emphasis on positive attitude, team input, gathering all ideas from all sources
- Part drawings; tolerance feasibility/surface finishes aligned with tool construction/material selection, Process control dimensional CPK viability
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Degree in Plastics Engineering or related field of study, or Certified Journeyman Mold Maker
- 5+ years working in Injection molding, tooling and plastic processing
- Experience managing multiple projects with successful on-time delivery
- Proficient in Solid Works (CAD) or equivalent CAD system
- Injection molding processing certificate (Master Molder)
- Multilingual, Spanish and or Chinese
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.