At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Farm Credit Mid-America is looking for a passionate technology professional to join our Application Delivery team. The ideal candidate would have a background in both .Net development and Systems Engineering, and be able to contribute to the team objectives below:
- Engage in and improve the lifecycle of application delivery services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation, refinement and support.
- Support services through activities such as system design consulting, configuration of platforms and frameworks, capacity planning.
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolving systems by improving reliability and velocity.
Experience and/or knowledge in the following areas are a plus; (Infrastructure as Code, Containerization, Application Performance Monitoring, build/deploy/release pipeline, DevOps concepts.)
Familiarity with the following systems also a plus; Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps, New Relic, Octopus Deploy, Chef, VRealizeAutomation.
The primary function of the Applications Engineer is to serve as an enterprise software systems technical expert working collaboratively with team members in the administration, installation, configuration, integration and support of association software systems. The primary responsibilities of the Applications Engineer is to:
- Automate the management and maintenance of enterprise software systems and application ecosystems.
- Work to improve the operation and reliability of enterprise software systems, through process automation, monitoring and application of software solutions to production problems.
- Assist in the design and implementation of tools and processes to deploy applications through system environments and administer system configuration changes to the application ecosystem.
- Actively pursue new technologies and advancements, facilitate continuous improvements in the software delivery pipeline (CI/CD/CM).
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Collaborate with development, infrastructure and database teams to bring new applications, features and services to production.
- Assist our development teams with continuous delivery, through automated deployment, provisioning and configuration of our enterprise applications and environments.
- Detect, triage and resolve system and performance issues by application of effective monitoring & alerting solutions.
- Administer and support tools related to management of source code, configurations, builds, deployments, and releases.
- Provide production administration and support for enterprise software systems and platforms, escalating to appropriate resources as necessary.
- Develop and document operational procedures for installation, upgrades, and customizations.
- Provide process expertise for system upgrades, application integration initiatives and projects.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and GRADING GUIDELINES
Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field, with at least two years of direct experience in a Software Development/Software Engineer/DevOps/Systems Engineer role. Or a minimum of four years of direct experience in a Software Development/Software Engineer/DevOps/Systems Engineer role.
Other combinations of education and relevant experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Competencies: integrity, motivational fit, problem solving, customer focus, teamwork, adaptability.
Knowledge of procedures and techniques as applicable to various enterprise technology components, configuration, administration and support of enterprise software systems. Microsoft .Net stack, including C#, Microsoft SQL. Applicable knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps Toolchain and release/build/infrastructure automation tools (i.e., Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, TFS, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker etc.).
Skills in enterprise software application implementation and administration; Microsoft Windows server platform administration; release and build automation tooling (i.e., Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, TFS, etc.); infrastructure automation (ie., Chef, Puppet, etc.); project management; communication and presentation skills; tact; verbal and written communication; analyzing and developing processes; Evaluation of software with recommendations for solutions to problems or use within association; complex problem solving.
Ability to exercise leadership and judgment within a team environment; complete tasks on a timely basis; analyze, evaluate and develop solutions to complex problems; be innovative, creative, objective and persuasive; work with both technical and business resources.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.