The high energy Sewing Center Lead
is responsible for the successful operation of the Sewing Center in accordance with the core competencies, guidelines, and policies set forth by the company. The Sewing Center Lead is accountable for: The delivery of strong financial performance that meets and exceeds budget expectations, a superior shopping experience for the customer that includes great service and a pleasing environment, professional development and growth of the individual JOANN Sewing Center Team Members through effective leadership, training, coaching and active mentoring, and professional leadership that ensures continuous pursuit of excellence for the store and those they lead.Scope
- Ensures friendly and knowledgeable service is provided to every customer. Monitors feedback on quality of experience, products and content and ensures feedback is shared with leadership team, vendors and SSC partners. Proactively suggests services of the Sewing Center to encourage additional sales/rentals. Effectively trains all store Team Members on the Sewing Center offerings to encourage support for product purchasing, rentals and finance offers.
- Through strong customer service skills, proactively drives sales and inspiration through the sales of high-end sewing machines. Understands and supports the JOANN brand by ensuring Team Members are hired and trained to provide the best in class experience through our products and services. Assists with the scheduling of Sewing Center Team Members and JOANN+ rentals. Reviews Sewing Center P&L statement with SM and ASM and identifies opportunities to increase sales.
- Works with our customers to understand their sewing needs, and makes those ideas come to life. This Team Member will be allotted time every week to utilize our sewing machines and their own creative sewing skills to make our customers’ ideas come to life. Efficiently utilizes their time to create exceptional work for our customer while inspiring nearby customers and suggesting the services to drive sales. Maintains equipment and tools are operational and receives the necessary maintenance. Ensures the execution of production of customer orders are planned and within the scheduled timeframe for completion.
- Supports teamwork and collaboration with store leadership and Team Members. Consistently coordinates with store leadership to ensure that production schedules are met with minimal interruptions in the workflow. Displays friendly approach with customers and coworkers, and has strong communication skills. Monitors, trains, and enforces all safety procedures to insure accidents are avoided. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Performs duties with integrity and professionalism and abides by Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Minimum: High School or GED.
- Preferred: 2 Year / Associate Degree
- Minimum: 3-5 years of retail sales experience. with some supervisory responsibilities and knowledge of POS system. Proven sewing experience with multiple sewing machines and an understanding of all types of sewing machines including sergers and embroidery.
- Preferred: 6-10 years of sewing industry experience, Retail Managerial experience; Sales Manager experience; Project Manager experience.
- Strong selling skills with a concentration in high-end sewing machines.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Mail.
- Strong communication, technology and organization skills with a high attention to detail and task/project prioritization.
- An ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment and perform problem analysis and resolution.
- Ability to collaborate and get work accomplished through others.