Want to love where you work? At Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, our team members are the key to our ability to achieve our mission – to spark the creativity that lives in every person. When you shop our stores, not only will our stores and the products we sell excite you, you will quickly notice that our teams are inspired to provide exceptional service. They are the reason we are the best fabric and craft retail brand in the country. They are why our customers love to shop our stores In each of our nearly 800 locations throughout the U.S., you will find our Team Members directly interacting with customers and assisting with operational, merchandising, and receiving tasks throughout the store. If you are dynamic, energetic and have a passion for serving and inspiring creativity, you will love working at Jo-Ann.
We are currently seeking: Part-Time
who can engage customers and suggestively sell through the F.A.S.T. service model and create an exceptional in-store experience.Scope
- Provides friendly customer service using F.A.S.T Service Model.
- Escorts customers to product locations.
- Engages customer and asks open ended questions to learn about customer projects and product needs.
- Offers featured Must-Have and Item of the Month.
- Invites customers to sign up for the Jo-Ann Advantage Program and to participate in store activities such as Try me and Education classes, Open Houses, Framing events, etc.
- Processes customer transactions in an efficient and friendly manner at the cash register.
- At the cutting counter helps customers compute fabric measurements. Operates the handheld unit and uses the Take-a-Ticket customer system. Measures and cuts fabric in accordance with customer requirements.
- Accurately completes all required paperwork.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Physical Requirements: Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment to and from backroom and sales floor. Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks. Bend down and reach above head. Climb and descend ladder. Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time). Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens. Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units. May use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Previous customer service and basic knowledge of POS Systems and Window based computer applications.
In addition to the above, the Team Members who are most successful at Jo-Ann are those with the values of inspiration, compassion, accountability, respect and engagement.Why Jo-Ann?
- Have a passion for sewing, crafts, scrapbooking? Team Members receive a discount of 20% off their purchase every day of the year.
- Competitive pay.
- 401(k) Savings Plan (Employer Match).
- Flexible schedule.
- Growth Opportunities.
Our company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by the Company or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and the Chief Executive Officer of the Company.