The high energy Sewing Center Sewing Team Member
is responsible for inspiring our customers by offering exceptional service in the Sewing Center in accordance with the core competencies, guidelines, and policies set forth by the company. This Team Member is accountable for creating our customers’ desires by personally sewing their home accent pieces and clothing, along with providing knowledge in all areas of sewing, JOANN+, Special Orders, and Personal Shopper to best assist customers.Scope
- Ensures friendly and knowledgeable service is provided to every customer. Consistently maintains visibility in the Sewing Center to assist customers and Team Members. Monitors feedback on quality of experience, products and services and shares information with Sewing Center Lead and/or store leadership. Effectively suggests services of the Sewing Center, JOANN+, Special Orders, Education sign-ups, and Personal Shopper to encourage additional sales/rentals. Exemplifies strong problem-solving skills, and can manage multiple projects, customers and events at one time. Can processes sales transactions by using proper cash handling procedures. Promotes and updates customer mailing list.
- Through strong customer service skills, proactively drives sales and inspiration through the creation of customer projects. Strongly executes the FAST service method on the sales floor, providing knowledge on all products and services both on the sales floor and in the Sewing Center. In addition to ensuring safety guidelines are followed by all participants, maintains an organized, neat, well stocked, and presentable department. Processes all paperwork and other company documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works with our customers to understand their sewing needs, and makes those ideas come to life. This Team Member will be allotted time every week to utilize our sewing machines to hand make projects as directed by the customer.. Efficiently utilizes their time to create exceptional work for our customer while inspiring nearby customers and suggesting the services to drive sales.
- Supports teamwork and collaboration with leadership and Team Members. Displays friendly approach with customers and coworkers, and has strong communication skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Performs duties with integrity and professionalism and abides by Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Minimum: High School or GED.
- Preferred: 2 Year / Associate Degree.
- Minimum: 1-2+ years sewing experience. Proven sewing experience with multiple sewing machines and an understanding of all types of sewing machines including sergers and embroidery.
- Preferred: 3-5+ years of sewing industry experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, strong organization skills, Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others.
- Ability to get work accomplished through others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment.
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs.