Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking an organized individual with excellent customer service and problem solving skills to join our team as a Full-time Logistics Supervisor in 6560 Kennedy Road, Mississauga.
The Logistics Supervisor will report into the Logistics Manager and is responsible for building and leading a strong logistics team through coaching, mentoring and continual feedback to team members, as well as selecting the right talent and fit for the team. The Logistics Supervisor will ensure efficient workflow and quality processes to meet our delivery standards and operational goals within their assigned site. Along with addressing Logistics, health and safety, performance there is a requirement to deal with and conflict issues in a timely manner and ensuring steps are put in place to eliminate future occurrences.
- Provide leadership at Site and ensure quality; customer care and problem resolution at the site level
- Lead, oversee and manage logistics team including hiring, onboarding, and training, scheduling, and managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports in collaboration with their manager.
- Manage day to day operation of their area and generally plan to weekly or monthly cycles.
- Supports a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
- Accountable for timely execution of all pickups/deliveries and adherence to routing guidelines while adhering to a Master Route and Employee Schedule and deploying resources on an exception basis due to unscheduled absences.
- Provide insight and feedback to monthly operations and finance reports.
- Able to analyze and manipulate data proficiently in excel
- Coordinate fleet repairs, annual licensing, insurance updates and adhere to maintenance schedules; investigating issues and daily variances. Troubleshooting and repair/return activities of all hardware required for shipment management.
- Supervisors may be required to provide some on road duties.
- Support SOPs, Regulatory Compliance, Reporting and Document Control processes
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Graduate
- 3+ years Logistics Experience
- 3+ years Professional Driving Experience
- Requires full valid Class G Driver’s license, clean driving abstract
- Logistics Lead experience is a definite asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LabsLifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.