Consider an opportunity with the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)!
Working at the MCC means being part of a dynamic team that ensures the highest standard of physician evaluation. Every member of our team, in any job, at any level, is involved in contributing to the health and well-being of Canadians.
As an Events Coordinator, you will lead, coordinate and implement corporate event planning activities as well as evolution of the program. You will liaise with event organizers to ensure the most appropriate selections of venues and catering. You will research and recommend vendors for these activities and negotiate agreements; review and process all event related paperwork (contracts, invoices, change orders etc.). You will provide onsite support for all special events, as required. You will also provide administrative support to the Procurement Specialist and with their guidance: process purchasing requests, liaise with vendors, track shipments and deliveries, assist with processing of purchase order receipts and invoices and assist with maintaining the contract management software.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Coordinates requirements for test committee meetings and corporate events (AGM, Service Awards, Town halls, retreats) taking place in Ottawa or across Canada including logistics, hotel reservations, catering, audio-visual equipment, technology equipment and other services
- Liaises with internal clients/event coordinators to ensure that all meeting requirements are satisfied
- Coordinates and oversees catering serving staff and schedule. Ensures adequate support for multiple meetings taking place at the same time.
- Negotiates contracts with hotels and suppliers across Canada for meetings held in off-site facilities ensuring value for money including developing and evaluating RFQs, recommending vendors, negotiating contract terms, confirming and coordinating all arrangements.
- Reviews and flags issues; proposes solutions and prepares agreements for signature; monitors agreements to comply with all conditions including troubleshooting on behalf of attendees of the meetings
- Propose ideas to improve and elevate event quality
- Reviews, validates and finalizes invoicing and approvals for payment.
- Maintains meeting information in the event tracking database.
- Performs administrative duties in support of the purchasing team such as researching and processing invoices, initiating and verifying new vendor set up documentation, expediting of purchase orders and others.
- Provide support to other departments as required
As an ideal candidate, you would bring:
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, oral and written skills in French is considered a strong asset
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Over 5 years of events management experience
- Over 5 years’ office experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate high level of client sensitivity and ability to efficiently address any issue as they arrive
- Excellent written and verbal communication and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in computerized environment (purchasing module, contract management software, MS Office
- Microsoft Office Suite and Operating system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed business requirements
- Superior attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated judgement while under pressure
- Leadership skills are considered a significant asset
Visit our Careers webpage to learn more about why the Medical Council of Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer! Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.