If you are an energetic individual who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
If you enjoy providing high quality and compassionate nursing care to people of all ages with a variety of critical cardiac conditions, consider the CCU of Northeast Georgia Health System.
- Georgia's #1 heart hospital
- Ranked in the top 5% percent in the nation for cardiac care
- Team of Cardiovascular Surgeons and Cardiologists, Patient Care Technicians, Case Managers, Respiratory Therapists, Dieticians and Pharmacists
- Intensivist program allows 24/7 access to physicians and advanced practitioners
Work in an environment that provides cutting edge innovations, including:
- Minimally invasive valve reconstruction surgery
- Robotic angioplasty
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacements.
Technology and treatments include:
- Percutaneous ventricular assist devices
- Intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Hypothermic treatment
Capable clinician with previous specialty experience preferred, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning clinical bedside leadership role and seeks mentoring in this process. Is a professional member of VOICE providing feedback on issues being addressed at meetings. Participates as a member on VOICE councils as appropriate. Actively participates on unit practice council helping with plans to improve NDNQI nursing sensitive indicators and Patient Experience data. Works together with other care team members to recruit and retain an excellent nursing care team.
- Applicants to this position must have a minimum of two years recent experience as a RN in a critical care environment
- Active GA RN license
- Associate Nursing degree required; Bachelor of Nursing degree preferred
This position is part-time, 7PM - 7AM and EOW
More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.