The PI/Stroke Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing services and activities related to the Stroke program at the Barrow campus. The Stroke Coordinator leads and participates in program development as it relates to the Primary Stroke Center and serves as the Subject Matter Expert for Stroke care at the campus. Works with other System Stroke Coordinators to develop and/or select stroke education materials for patient education. Serves in lead role of providing clinical performance improvement support. Assists with professional nursing shared governance and other projects as assigned. Assists in the advancement of the professional practice environment by communicating the NGMC nursing strategic direction and focusing on activities that support the nursing strategic direction.
- Required: A degree in nursing (either BSN or MSN). Preferred: A Master’s Degree (Nursing or other if Possessing a BSN) within five years.
- Required: Professional organization membership within one month of hire into the role.
- Required: Licensed to practice as RN in Georgia. Required: Stroke Certification (SCRN) within two years of obtaining position.
- Required: A minimum of two years in Neurologic/Stroke care in an acute care setting. A minimum of two years in Performance Improvement is also required.
More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.