If you are an energetic RN Emergency Room Gainesville FT nights who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
Level II Trauma Center
NGMC Gainesville is a place where innovation and teams meet to focus on patients and families, our nurses who specialize in caring for patients in the Emergency Department make up a special team. Emergency nurses practice with autonomy, while partnering with our physicians and other members of the care team.
NGMC provides for Nurses to have voice in practice through shared governance, as well as promoting balance in their professional and personal life. Playing a key role in meeting the needs of our patients is the nursing care that delivered in our Emergency Room.
The Emergency Department features board certified ED physicians, an advanced facility design, and state of the art clinical technology as part of an innovative care model.
Our team enjoys a collaborative work environment, transcending position or title. Mutual respect and passion for providing quality care to those we serve, fosters a bond among our team members that is truly special.
Capable clinician with previous specialty experience preferred, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning clinical bedside leadership role and seeks mentoring in this process. Is a professional member of VOICE providing feedback on issues being addressed at meetings. Participates as a member on VOICE councils as appropriate. Participates on Nursing Quality Teams and actively participates with unit council helping to improve NDNQI nursing sensitive indicators and Patient Experience data. Works together with other care team members to recruit and retain an excellent nursing care team. For the entry-level professional Nurse: focuses primarily on developing knowledge and skills and showing growth in ability to care for increasingly complex patients. Responsible for providing direct and safe patient care based on the nursing process, and for coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback.
- Delivery of safe, effective, efficient care that meets population specific guidelines
- Actively works to make own and related teams successful, effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues at all levels, shows consideration and respect or others and fosters customer service
- Effectively prioritizes, recognizes problems, and utilizes evidence based practice
- Demonstrates personal mastery, leadership of self and others, as appropriate, delegates appropriately, and supports NGHS shared governance model
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems used on unit
Preferred: Membership in professional organization.
Associate Nursing Degree Required; Bachelor of Nursing Degree Preferred.
One year of experience as a professional RN in acute care. New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the Nurse Residency Program recruiter.
More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.