If you are an energetic Trauma Educator who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
The Trauma Educator plays a lead role in the development, implementation and evaluation of trauma educational programs, projects and materials provided to hospital staff, physicians, patients and families across the trauma continuum. Works closely with all Trauma & Acute Care Surgery Service Line members, hospital and medical staff to assure compliance with state and national trauma center requirements. The position requires flexible work hours which may include off-shifts, weekends and holidays based on the needs of the department.
- Develops, implements and evaluates trauma education programs for all staff following the requirements set forth by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) guidelines found in the "Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient." Evaluates effectiveness of these trauma education programs and revises teaching plans as needed.
- Provides education on new or revised trauma policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Develops trauma-related patient educational materials for use in the Emergency Department, inpatient units and outpatient trauma clinics.
- Serves as a role model in the specialty of trauma nursing
- Serves as a mentor to ED nurses progressing through the Intermediate and Advanced ED Trauma Nursing courses
- Actively participates in the ED, ICU, Surgical Services and Surgical Floor Trauma Workgroups to identify opportunities for improvements in trauma care. Participates in workgroup performance improvement projects developed to improve patient outcomes.
Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia. TCRN certification required within 1 year of hire.
TNCC Instructor status required. TNCC Course Director status required within 1 year of hire. TCRN certification required within 1 year of hire.
Minimum of 5 years staff education and trauma nursing experience across the continuum.
More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.