If you are an energetic Charge Nurse who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
The Charge Nurse, under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or Administrative Supervisor, facilitates and assists with all levels of nursing care provided to patients within a nursing unit or practice location. The Charge Nurse will assist clinical nurses with day to day problem solving and will facilitate communication between care team providers. He/She coordinates, elevates and resolves problems and conflicts as they occur. The Charge Nurse assumes shift accountability for patient flow, matching patient needs with available resources, and elevates patient safety concerns/situations as well as any other situation that is unable to be resolved during the shift. The charge nurse leadership role is critical to improving the quality of care provided on the individual nursing unit/practice setting. In addition to these responsibilities, when needed the Charge Nurse may assume all or partial staff nurse responsibilities. The Charge Nurse is the first level of administration assigned to the unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager. The Charge Nurse participates in Peer Interviewing and Peer Evaluation. The Charge Nurse is included in worked hours per patient day (WHPPD) and is assigned by self to direct patient care assignment as unit need indicates. The Charge Nurse assists in the advancement of the professional practice environment by communicating the NGHS nursing strategic direction and focusing on activities that support the nursing strategic direction. Provides nursing involvement support for VOICE and the NDNQI quality teams including supporting team members in their professional participation. Assists with overall clinical governance and other projects as assigned.
Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.
- Required: National certification in either a clinical or leadership specialty within two years of hire.
- Required: Professional organization membership within three months of hire into the role.
- Preferred: A degree in Nursing (either BSN or MSN). BSN strongly encouraged within five years.
- Required: A minimum of one year in a direct patient care role in an acute care environment and in the specialty. Preferred: Three years of direct patient care experience in an acute care enviroment and within the specialty.
This position is full-time, 7pm - 7am shift, EOW for our Barrow hospital located at 316 N. Broad Street, Winder, GA 30680
More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.