If you are an energetic LPN who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
We have an exciting opportunity with our Long Term Care facilities for an LPN that is looking for growth, flexible school schedule, tuition reimbursement, great experience, training and friendly work environment!!
LPN manages and coordinates the clinical care for the patient in order to provide quality care and psychosocial wellbeing.
Manages and coordinates adequate staffing. Disciplines and/or teaches staff policy and procedures and makes sure they are followed.
This position will care for patients in the adult and geriatric age groups.
Employee performs clinical duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities: LTC LPN
1. Assesses the patient’s physical and emotional needs and provides appropriate care and intervention
2. Monitors resident for changes in condition. Reports changes to Physician, Responsible Party, Nurse Supervisor, and other appropriate health professionals.
3. Performs ongoing assessment and communicates assessment and plan of care through written documentation and verbal reports.
4. Correctly administers and documents medication regime.
5. Participates with instruction and education to resident and/or family to help insure safe and appropriate discharge.
6. Contributes to resident safety by: utilizing principles of asepsis in all resident contact, providing a safe resident environment (i.e., Call light within reach, side rails up, etc.), maintaining properly functioning equipment and adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
7. Assesses the status of all residents nursing care of the facility and consults with medical staff as needed.
8. Identifies and implements infection control and safety practices
9. Participates in the orientation of other employees.
10. Organizes patient care and demonstrates ability to set priorities by addressing acute needs first and implementing Physicians’ orders within appropriate time frame.
11. Assists in coordination of residents for admissions, transfers and discharges.
12. Evaluates and monitors, utilization of equipment and supplies. Makes sure that adequate supplies stocked on the units and all residents charges are appropriately recorded.
13. Regularly checks emergency equipment to see if they are in proper working order and that sufficient supplies are at hand.
14. Helps keep the unit safe, clean and attractive by reporting to housekeeping any major problems and reporting to maintenance any safety issues.
- Currently licensed as an LPN in the State of Georgia.
- A minimum of two years clinical nursing experience with emphasis on care of adults in acute care medical and surgical areas is strongly preferred for Long Term Care.
More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.
We value diversity and always hire equally and equitably.