Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 12,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Work within the Corporate Electronics group on the design and integration of communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems for ground vehicles. Develop test plans and perform integration testing on GFE, CFE equipment and associated networks. Will require working closely with suppliers, customers, engineering specialists and other departments. This person will provide resource estimates for project planning as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design for integration of communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems into military ground vehicles
2. Design for physical integration and electrical interfaces for Contractor Furnished Equipment (CFE) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) using Interface Control Documents (ICD)
3. Develop test plans and performs bench level test (verification) for C4ISR systems
4. Plan and direct engineering in a major project through all phases of innovation and development
5. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
6. Work closely with other engineering groups
7. Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
8. Support proposal development
9. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
10. Select parts and/or design components for cost and quality-conscious design to meet service applications
11. Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
12. Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
13. Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.e. personal computer and CAD equipment
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 8 or more years of design experience with vehicle electrical systems
• Ability to obtain US Military Secret Clearance
• Working knowledge of C4ISR systems and Vetronics on ground vehicles
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
• Experience with computers and in-vehicle data networks
• Experience with DoD communications equipment
• Working knowledge of software integration on mobile computing platforms
• Background in IA assurance as relates to C4ISR systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Active Secret Clearance or higher
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.