Are you looking to deliver products that truly improve people’s lives? Want to work with an entrepreneurial team that likes to experiment and take risks? This could be THAT opportunity…
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
PointClickCare is an innovator in the senior care market. Our cloud-based products are the most widely used software for senior care providers in North America and have one of the highest customer retention ratings in the SaaS industry. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies, PointClickCare provides a great culture for our employees and a dynamic environment to advance your career.
And what is TouchStream?
As a division of PointClickCare, TouchStream develops a tablet-based remote monitoring system for people with chronic health conditions and disabilities. TouchStream motivates people to take an active role in their own health and simplifies their management of medications and chronic conditions with easy-to-use wireless devices that effortlessly record and report health information. TouchStream keeps people connected to their care providers and loved ones.
So what does a Product Owner, Personal Health Solutions do?
As Product Owner, you will be directly involved with driving the strategy and roadmap for our Personal Health Solutions (PHS) product line. Your primary responsibility will be to own the prioritization of new initiatives and define the user stories and requirements for new features and products. In this role, you will interact closely with the product development team, overseeing all phases of the development lifecycle, while being a liaison to our customers. You will also collaborate with the Director of Product Management to ensure the competitiveness and financial success of our products.
What does a typical day look like for the Product Owner?
- Champion the needs of our target customers and translate them into actionable product requirements that solve real-world problems and deliver compelling value.
- Own the release schedule in coordination with the product development team and establish priorities for each sprint.
- Guide projects through their lifecycle including; planning, definition, development, testing, and launch.
- Collaborate with Product Managers across PointClickCare to coordinate TouchStream’s priorities and release schedule with related initiatives in other product lines.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales on the creation of collateral and training to ensure the successful launch of new products.
- Seek out customer feedback through regular customer interaction and Customer Advisory Boards.
- Conduct ongoing market research and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Contribute to business planning and strategy and support the goals of our business unit.
- We’re huge on professional development so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course available for you to participate in.
- Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
What type of person are you looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual, who is passionate about mobile technology transforming the delivery of healthcare. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated expertise in software product planning, software requirements development, and user/market needs analysis. Candidates with experience implementing EHR systems, health information exchanges, or other health IT systems will be considered as well. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What qualifications are you looking for?
- Successful track record for brining mobile applications, web apps or other software products to market. (Those with experience driving similar internal applications will also be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience writing user stories, workflow diagrams, requirements, etc.
- Strong understanding of data modeling concepts and direct experience with data mapping.
- Comfortable facilitating design meetings using various techniques such as brainstorming, white-boarding and process mapping.
- Experience with Agile development such as scrum, sprints, and backlogs.
- Knowledge of clinical workflows and standards of care for managing chronic health conditions such as diabetes, CHF, COPD, hypertension, etc. is desirable but not necessarily required.
- Understanding of emerging trends in mobile health technology, including mobile health apps and wireless health devices is a plus.
- Bonus points if you have direct experience with nursing, remote patient monitoring, heath IT, medical devices, or clinical informatics.
What does the growth potential look like?
- Many of our open jobs in are filled with internal employees. The Personal Health Solutions team will be growing over time, resulting in the potential to move into more senior roles. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
- Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
How do I apply?
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.