Senior Java Developer
Are you looking to deliver products that truly improve people’s lives? This could be THAT opportunity…
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
PointClickCare is an innovator in the senior care market. Our cloud-based products are the most widely used software for senior care providers in North America and have one of the highest customer retention ratings in the SaaS industry. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies, PointClickCare provides a great culture for our employees and a dynamic environment to advance your career.
And what is TouchStream?
As a division of PointClickCare, TouchStream develops a tablet-based remote monitoring system for people with chronic health conditions and disabilities. TouchStream motivates people to take an active role in their own health and simplifies their management of medications and chronic conditions with easy-to-use wireless devices that effortlessly record and report health information. TouchStream keeps people connected to their care providers and loved ones.
What type of person are you looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated developer, who is passionate about mobile technology transforming the delivery of healthcare. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated expertise developing web apps, mobile apps, APIs and/or web-services and be proficient with full stack Java development across all system tiers including front-end, back-end, and database. Prior work with mobile application development is a bonus but not required.
What will be my daily responsibilities?
- Full stack Java development in web, mobile, and server environments.
- Design and develop across all system tiers including front-end, back-end, and database.
- Unit test all work prior to final delivery.
- Assist QA automation engineers by designing your components to work with automated test scripts and/or assist with script development as necessary.
- Collaborate with the product Architect and contribute your own designs to influence the long-term technical direction of the product line.
- Cooperate with a diverse team of developers who work from local and remote offices.
- Accurately scope project requirements and deliver assigned work within committed schedules.
- Mentor junior development team members
- Meet with clients and users of our products and learn from their feedback and experiences.
What qualifications are you looking for?
- 5+ years’ experience with J2EE, MVC, JSP, SERVLETS, XML, SPRING, and W3C HTML standards.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS development desired
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL with a strong understanding of relational database design and data modeling. (SQL Server experience is a big plus)
- Strong understanding of design patterns and OOP
- Successful track record of delivering mobile applications, web apps or other software products.
- 1 year utilizing Agile development / testing methodologies (or similar).
- Experience with Tomcat/Apache
- Experience in web authentication and security (OAuth a plus)
- Some experience with SVN or GIT SCM
- Bonus points if you have direct experience implementing remote patient monitoring, heath IT systems, medical device software, EHR, or clinical informatics systems.
If you are an experienced and highly motivated developer, we encourage you to submit your resume even if you don’t meet all of the criterial for this position as we are always looking for great people.
How do I apply?
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.