This is a unique opportunity to join the market leading company that has not only 30+ years of proven success, but also has a significantly under penetrated opportunity in a $30B addressable market. PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered on our promises. We’re committed to the success of our customers. That’s why we think harder and dream bigger – so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible. Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. if you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
A Day in the Life of the Infrastructure Engineer:
- Joins a highly technical team responsible of hundreds of computer systems distributed around the world powering search system for the global airline industry;
- Setups, configures, monitors the performance and fine tune PROS services in the hosting facilities;
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation;
- Puts in place reliability, fail-over, disaster recovery, 24/7 support mechanisms wherever possible and to ensure the flawless operation of the production systems;
- Implements and monitors the security control processes related to the production environment;
- Designs, maintains and monitors the backup processes including: its planning, verification and documentation;
- Designs, installs, configures and fine tunes the production infrastructure and equipment;
- Solves software and hardware problems related to the production systems;
- Ensures at all times the following documents are up to date: Corporate Infrastructure documentation (including Internal and External Systems Disaster Recovery procedures);
- Ensures the IT tickets resolution is performed within the agreed company SLAs.
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- Min 3 years of experience as a System Administrator;
- University Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- Deep knowledge in Linux Administration (RHEL, CentOS), setup of systems, performance monitoring and tuning;
- Good knowledge of MySQL and NoSQL databases. Replication, sharding, performance monitoring;
- Being able to perform almost all maintenance tasks related to production systems;
- Building RPMs;
- Networking: routing, security, Cisco Firewall administration, complex infrastructure;
- Good knowledge of hardware layer including high speed process and IO based hardware optimization;
- Advanced level of Shell Scripting and regular expressions;
- Good communication skills and good command of English language;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Innovative, fast learner and willing to share knowledge;
- Self-starter, able to work under no direct supervision;
- ITIL framework knowledge is advantage.
PROS Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PRO) is a cloud software company powering the shift to modern commerce by helping companies create personalized and frictionless buying experiences for their customers. Fueled by dynamic pricing science and machine learning, PROS solutions make it possible for companies to price, configure and sell their products and services in an omnichannel environment with speed, precision and consistency. Our customers, who are leaders in their markets, benefit from decades of data science expertise infused into our industry solutions. To learn more, visit pros.com.