Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
The hotel comprises 214 luxurious guestrooms and suites and 6 four-bedroom villas with private pools, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern Arabic style. To meet the needs of long-staying guests, the hotel offers 161 fully-furnished spacious serviced apartments ranging from studios to four-bedroom units. The hotel is located within the acclaimed Qaryat Al Beri complex, on a one-kilometre stretch of private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland. The hotel is conveniently located next to a souk, offering a variety of shops under one roof. It is only a ten-minute drive from the city’s international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the Convention Centre, and 15 minutes from the Corniche and the city centre.
Assists the Director of Engineering in all activities related to Engineering Operations and Building Maintenance. Monitors the repair and maintenance of the building fixture, furniture machinery, equipment and landscape to ensure smooth operation of the hotel. Together with the Director of Engineering, develops and implements preventive maintenance schedule. Supervises all activities related to fire safety and crises management. Initiates and carries out the energy conservations program at the hotel.
- Provides monthly work plan to Chief Engineer for approval
- Ensures preventive maintenance schedules are performed and correctly recorded
- Reports to Chief Engineer of any project of and ratification status of works
- Seeks out employee concerns & offer assistance
- In charge of the operation of all system equipment, takes appropriate action if necessary
- Supervises the duty personnel to carry out the Energy Conservation Programme.
- Supervises the working condition and maintenance of assigned Plant/ equipment/system
- Practices accident prevention Measures.
- Coordinates engineering support as required in hotel emergency procedures immediately
- Coordinates environmental caring activities and contribute/promote hotel environmental policy
- To monitor/implement training required for fulfilling the multi-skills policy set out by the hotel management
- Be environmental friendly, reduce waste, recycle when possible, and reuse whenever applicable.
- Graduate in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position in a 5* hotel
- Three years experience in HVAC, Plumbing, Kitchen Equipment, Plant & Machinery,
- Electrical, Mechanical Equipment Operations & Maintenance
- Strong leadership skills and a team player
- Good communications skills in English and excellent computer skills
- Proficient in computer system such as MS Office applications