Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
The hotel comprises 213 luxurious guestrooms and suites and 6 four-bedroom villas with private pools, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern Arabic style. To meet the needs of long-staying guests, the hotel offers 161 fully-furnished spacious serviced apartments ranging from studios to four-bedroom units. The hotel is located within the acclaimed Qaryat Al Beri complex, on a one-kilometre stretch of private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland. The hotel is conveniently located next to a souk, offering a variety of shops under one roof. It is only a ten-minute drive from the city’s international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the Convention Centre, and 15 minutes from the Corniche and the city centre.
To Assist Service Manager – Front Office in maintaining an efficient operation of the Front Desk .Also, to make sure the smooth and efficient check-in and check-out of guests. To thoroughly understand and adhere to hotel’s credit policies and cash handling responsibilities.To be responsible for all issued funds, foreign currencies, and all collections handled during the course of the day.To be responsible for the daily activities of Front Desk operations and maintain a close working relationship with other Service Manager.To be responsible for room’s inventory and ensuring that guest’ requests and preferences are met and works on a partnership with the Housekeeping Rooms Controllers to ensure smooth running of rooms’ preparation.
- Walks the talk about Guest delight and be a role model for the team regarding the “Guest Delights”
- Anticipates and exceeds guest needs as much as possible.
- Prepares keys and welcome folders. Review next day’s arrivals and blocks rooms for any special requests, early arrivals, specific GTC guests (e.g. VIPs) and groups.
- Ensures proper hand-over of all outstanding issues to next shift.
- Assigns routine daily tasks to staff and follows up on completeness.
- Maintains cleanliness and order in the Front Desk area at all times.
- Ensures that all guests receive consistent, prompt and cordial attention at all times.
- Monitors all arriving guests through guest arrival list ensuring the notes, set-up and guest requirements are followed up.
- Controls room assignment during peak period and high occupancy.
- Monitors guest registration cards ensuring that staff adheres to established standards and inputs correct information into the computer after guest check in.
- Upsells rooms, F&B outlets and other facilities whenever opportunities arise.
- Is responsible for the inventory and control of stationery and collaterals for Front Office use.
- Ensures that “Interface Lost Postings” are regularly checked.
- Plan for unexpected arrivals disseminate information to relevant department.
- Set up and coordinates room maintenance programme with Housekeeping and Engineering.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping on the turnover of rooms to ensure availability for vacant clean rooms upon guests’ arrival.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position in a 5* hotel
- Excellent communication skills in English & Russian is an advantage (oral and written)
- Physically fit, active and can deal with pressure. Highly motivated and passionate about the job and his/her career
- Good knowledge of computer operations (MS Office, Opera system)