WestJet has a new and exciting opportunity that would allow you to be part of the Q400 Regional start up team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial type individual, to help build and launch a new airline for a growing and progressive organization.
Posting Open Date: 09/03/2013
Posting Close Date: 12/31/2013 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm EST)
WestJet Encore is searching for positive, enthusiastic individuals with an accomplished background in customer service to WOW our guests as CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS at the Quebec Airport. As a CSA, your bright personality and smile will start and finish the WestJet experience for our traveling guests.
As a Customer Service Agent, you will:
• Greet and check-in our guests for their flights
• Create new reservations or modify existing travel plans, possibly handling cash
• Handle guest inquiries
• Manage gate operations and flight closure
• Organize the safe arrival and departure of our guests on and off the aircraft
• Become an airport expert, and manage all other general airport duties as required
Desired personal skills:
• A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to communicate with people
• The ability to maintain eye contact and smiling with each of our guests and coworkers
• A demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with our guests’ needs and problems
• A knack for problem solving and multitasking in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
• A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility in high stress situations
• The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
• A commitment to teamwork and working in a fun and friendly atmosphere
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Proven experience in the Customer Service industry
• Ability to consistently lift luggage of up to 60lbs/28kgs
• Flexibility to work shift work which may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
• A demonstrated proficiency and comfort level with computers, and recent experience working within a Windows based environment
• Ability to successfully complete the Initial Customer Service Agent Course: 3.5 weeks of full time in-class training held in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, or Toronto which will include studying and homework.
• Ability to handle and balance cash transactions
• Fluent in French and English languages both oral and written
The Customer Service Agent position is a highly physical role; agents are required to be on their feet for long periods of time. Other physical tasks may include (but are not limited to): assisting wheelchair guests on and off of aircraft, pushing wheelchairs, lifting luggage to baggage belts, organizing odd/large luggage, among many other tasks.
WestJet flies our current fleet of 99 aircraft to 80 destinations across Canada, the US, and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 8500 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada’s most respected corporate cultures. In 2013 WestJet will be launching a regional carrier that will continue to ensure our amazing growth.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for sending in their resumes. Only those who qualify will be considered for the role. WestJet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. WestJet's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. WestJet does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Safety comes first at WestJet.