Posting Open Date: 11/23/2018
Posting Close Date: 12/14/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Introducing WestJet's new world!
We are Team WestJet. We are caring at our core. We are a global airline.
WestJet is on a journey toward becoming a global airline – a mission to bring Canadians to the world, and the world to Canada. We are taking the first steps along this journey, transitioning from a successful low-cost carrier to a global, full-service network carrier with the delivery of our first Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner aircraft in January 2019. We are looking for great people to join our Service and Sales Agent team!
You have been told that you are great with people, you love helping others and, do so genuinely. Your ideal environment is interacting with others from the comfort of your own home (maybe in your pajamas, we won’t tell!). You are a natural communicator that will work to solve the issues of others and, can multitask using complex computer systems and don’t shy away from learning new technology.
The Role(s) Overview:
WestJet's Service and Sales Agents are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our guests through one-on-one telephone contact to arrange air travel on WestJet flights, and provide information for guests with varying needs. You are often the first point of contact for our guests and play an essential and crucial role as a WestJet brand ambassador. We want to make sure our guests enjoy their call with you, therefore, you are there to educate and help our Guests, while creating the experience our Guests have come to know and love about WestJet!
WestJet is looking for talent for the following Service and Sales Agent position:
- Bilingual Shift Work - Our Contact Centre operations are 24/7/365 days a year and will require you to be flexible and available to work early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Full-Time (40 hours per week) - 5 working days (8.5 hour shifts) with 2 days off.
- Book air travel for internal and external guests, answer questions and provide general information about travel with WestJet.
- Provide post booking support, such as changing and cancelling reservations, using our reservation system.
- Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the guest with the needs of the business.
- Adhoc projects as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English and an additional language from the following list:
- A combination of two years’ experience in a sales environment and/or customer service related capacity
- Exceptional guest service skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, solutions focused, and passionate about supporting our guests.
- A proven track record of punctuality and reliability.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with computers and experience working within a Windows-based environment, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and instant messaging
- Experience using the SabreSonic Reservation System is an asset
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle high call volumes
- Organizational fit for WestJet culture, supporting our Mission, Vision and Values
What are some of the perks?
- Owners Performance Award (OPA)
- Annually we review how we as WestJetters have performed over the year. On our Birthday in February we have a celebration and can earn additional money as an Owner’s Performance Award (OPA)!
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- After successful completion of a 90-day period, employees are eligible to participate in our ESPP, where you can join 90% of our organization in becoming a “WestJet Owner”.
- Employees are eligible to purchase up to 20% of their base salary in WestJet shares and WestJet will match this amount dollar for dollar.
- There is a 1-year vesting period after which the employee is able to cash out their shares and the WestJet matched contribution, as they vest.
- Profit Sharing
- WestJet commits to sharing its profits with employee owners twice per year in May and November.
- Your profit share amount can also be rolled into WestJet shares, matched 100% by WestJet, if you haven’t already maximized your 20% participation with pay period deductions.
- Travel Privileges
- WestJet Flight Privileges - begin within 10 days from your start date. You are able to fly anywhere WJ flies on an unlimited basis & at a small fee plus taxes. This applies to you, your travel companion, any children (up to 25 years old if they’re enrolled in school and up to 21 years old if they are not) and 2 parents.
- The cost paid by employees is $2.50 plus taxes, fees and surcharges, roughly $50-60 return for Canadian destinations and $80-100 for destinations outside of Canada. The costs are the same for you and your spouse/travel companion and dependent children, and slightly more for your parents.
- You will receive 10 Buddy Passes annually (prorated) after 180 days of employment, to hand out for discounted travel to friends and/or family as you decide.
- Employees/Travel Companion/Dependent Children are able to purchase up to 8 one-way confirmed seats in each calendar year at 50% off the lowest available fare at time of booking.
- Additional reduced travel rates are available with Interline travel partners, including flight, hotel, car and other travel-related agencies.
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- We offer a Flexible Benefit Plan for full time employees which qualify them for basic benefits coverage, after successful completion 90 days, with the option to purchase upgraded coverage.
- Includes life, health, dental, short-term and long-term disability with WestJet paying for the majority of the coverage. You are eligible after you have successfully completed your first three months at WestJet.
Other important information:
- All contact centre positions require 8 weeks (in office) training at the YVR training facility.
- All computer hardware required for the role will be provided.
- Our positions are in-home roles and we require our agents to have the following environment for their home office to be successful:
- High speed internet and phone line (hardwired 25 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload);
- Safe, secure and distraction free room with an ergonomic set-up enabling you to sit for long periods of time.
- Your home must be wired to provide a separate phone line for work purposes.
- Your home must be located in an area that established broad-band internet providers are able to service.
- You must be located within 1 hour distance commute of the Vancouver International Airport 2100-5000 Miller Road, Richmond BC V7B 1K6
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.