About the role:
As a truly global enterprise, we have opportunities across the world and currently need a legal counsel for our business in Germany. Your work will be multi-faceted and cover a wide range of topics.
- As our legal representative for the German office, you will understand all aspects of the operation, establishing workflows and contract templates to allow the business to move quickly and efficiently.
- A strong negotiator, you will draft and review legal documents on a wide range of transactions and counsel and advise on the affects of legislative changes, educating clients in the process.
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, including privacy and intellectual property issues, you will supervise the resolution of disputes or litigations within the business.
- Fluent German and a law degree are a must, as is at least three year’s legal experience in Germany including intellectual property, labor and privacy matters under local and EU law.
- We’ll expect technical expertise in contract drafting and contract and copyright law and policy, but what will really make you stand out will be your highly developed problem-solving skills.
- You will be able to analyze situations and come up with solutions whilst alerting the business of potential risks.
- A strong collaborative approach is essential as you will be a key partner between the US and German entities.
This post can be based at either our global HQ in Hoboken, New Jersey or locally in Weinheim, Germany and is offered on a part-time basis.
People have always been valued at Wiley. We work collaboratively, enjoy what we do and have opportunities to develop throughout our careers. And the rewards are impressive. Which means you can look forward to a competitive salary, defined contribution pension scheme, ample holiday time (pro rata), staff discounts and employee assistance program.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.