Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Assist in coordinating and administering the asset capital planning, design, project delivery and construction of water resource projects and performance of tasks including all or part of the following duties: data input/analysis for department processes and report generation; procurement capital program spend tracking; expense spend tracking; general support and administration of projects and department needs; and special projects. Responsible for customer interface on lead service line replacements in Alexandria.
The position also includes assisting in the planning and execution of community events and lead service line community meetings, which have a significant impact on public image and customer confidence.
- Effectively coordinate and administer functional support work processes for activities including asset capital planning, design, project delivery and construction to limited tasks for carrying water resource system projects.
- Input and analyze data for department work processes, business systems and reports. Prepare variance reports as required.
- Assists in preparation of documents related to the investment budget.
- Assists in monitoring expenditures to budget according to the Capital Investment Management policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain files, records, drawings, reports, maps, charts, budgets and other data.
- Develop materials and presentations to be used in outreach programs as well as presenting before small and large groups within the community.
- Manage project plans for events to include working with vendors, contractors, community partners and employees. Responsibility includes coordinating activities, ensuring that all are carefully planned and appropriately communicated.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills (writing, editing, verbal communication, public presentations).
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills, project/process management skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, social media, internet).
- Project planning.
- General knowledge of business practices and principles including basic budgeting and accounting.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field. Solid science or engineering foundation preferred.
Generally indoor office environment, but position involves physical activity to include setting up tents, loading and unloading for events and meeting setup. Responsibilities include some weekend and evening hours to set up, work and tear down events, and presenting to community members and organizations.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.