Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
SAP Functional Analyst – ISU Device Management is responsible for the requirements analysis and detailed design of SAP ISU business processes, for configuration and testing of SAP ISU applications, and for related deployment activities.
- Should play a significant role in the design process, implementation, and ongoing enhancements for the overall SAP ISU Module.
- Provide subject matter expertise on SAPs best practices for implementing SAP ISU business processes.
- Lead workshops in gathering business requirements, influence adoption of standard SAP processes, identify and handle gaps while minimizing development effort.
- Analyze and document requirements and design solutions for the business process scenarios.
- Realize the technology solution in order to fulfill business requirements, including design frameworks, documentation and proof of concept needs while adhering to documentation, configuration, security, development, and testing standards and guidelines.
- Prepare Functional Specification and Interface Design documents.
- Verify project deliverables for completeness and quality. Work with client business stakeholders to review and approve these deliverables.
- Analyze existing custom developments, objects, and modifications, and evaluate the impact of changes on them.
- Work with users in determining business requirements and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensure consistent, timely and effective communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep track of customer satisfaction and provide input and assistance to other IT projects related to ERP as required.
- Excellent process knowledge of Device Management: (Master data including device data setup, Scheduling, Device Movements, Meter reads Mass processing (Download and upload process), Serial switching
- Strong knowledge of configuration of Device management areas (Meter read validations, Basic settings)
- Strong knowledge of Work Management applications such as Click
- Strong understanding of system integration with billing (Specially – Rate determination, rate category, Rate type and rate relationship)
- Strong understanding and experience with BPEM and exception management.
- Strong understanding of work order management ( service orders, work orders etc.)
- Should have very good experience in playing functional subject matter expert in SAP ISU business processes
- Knowledge of following business processes related to utilities industry
- Service Order Management
- Service Contract Management
- CR&B data model
- Inspections / Certifications
- Register groups / winding groups
- Meter data Acquisition
- Head-End Systems
- Experience in all SAP Industry Solution Utility (ISU), Device Management (DM) module as it pertains to Meter reading, Billing and Field Services.
- Solid understanding of other areas such as AMI, Service Order and EAM processes in PM.
- Experience in Suite on HANA.
- Experience with all phases of an implementation including business process blueprint, detailed design, configuration, testing, and support.
- Experience in SAP Workflow, Interfaces, Enhancement framework and ISU Middleware configuration/development.
- Ability to create and maintain testing scripts in SAP Solution Manager.
- Experience with creating training materials and assisting with user orientation and training.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between technical, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process.
- Good verbal , written and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge.
- Good Collaboration , prioritization and team working skills.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment with virtual teams.
- Should be able to handle business calls and gathering requirements.
- Should be a fast learner with good attention to detail.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
- Minimum of 6 to 9 years of experience with SAP ISU configuration and support in ECC 6.0 SP7 and experience with at least two full SAP system implementations.
- BS /MS in Computer Science , Computer Applications , Information Technology or related field of Engineering with strong academic record.
Certificaitons & Licenses
SAP ISU Certification will be a big plus.
Indoor office environment
As necessary, up to 15%.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.