PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks and wireless businesses around the world. PPC is proud of its worldwide reputation for technical leadership and innovation. We hold more patents in connector technology than any other company in the world. Seeking out network issues or recurring problems in network components as technology advances ensures that our solutions exceed our customers' and the industry's expectations for value, quality and reliability.
PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for leading the PPC procurement team, by providing day-to-day leadership and management support to the team and meeting the quality, delivery, cost, and inventory goals. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for developing the team to support the needs for the business. The individual will provide results driven leadership for all procurement activities to ensure that all supplier performance targets are achieved.
- Lead and mentor procurement team to ensure that all plant needs are met in regard to material availability and inventory requirements are balanced and in the correct alignment
- Utilize Lean tools to drive continuous improvement, and provide realized cost savings by applying category management and strategic sourcing best practices (i.e. should cost modeling)
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to develop, implement and maintain supply chain strategies that align plant needs with comprehensive global commodity strategies
- Establish, measure, and publish performance metrics for the procurement team
- Manage systems and processes to support SIOP, cost control, and make vs. buy decisions
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with incumbent and potential new suppliers to meet quality, delivery, cost and inventory metrics
- Collaborate with Product Line Management, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality to implement cost productivity improvement projects
- Serve as a resource, proactively supporting the strategy, planning and execution of logistics and transportation policies, procedures and programs related to domestic, international, import and export of finished goods, raw materials, and customs compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
At PPC we trust in our people, products, and direction which allow us to cultivate a winning environment bringing us to where we are today. As the industry leader, we not only value the customer, but we make it a point to treat each employee like family. By fostering a good work-life balance, offering training opportunities, education assistance, excellent medical benefits, wellness initiatives, and much more, we attract and retain high-level talent to help us grow our business. A career at PPC is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.