PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks and wireless businesses around the world. PPC is proud of its worldwide reputation for technical leadership and innovation. We hold more patents in connector technology than any other company in the world. Seeking out network issues or recurring problems in network components as technology advances ensures that our solutions exceed our customers' and the industry's expectations for value, quality and reliability.
PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standard. The Manufacturing Engineer will recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls as well as coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised products.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training as related to manufacturing processes.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Maintains plant layout and assists in developing layout as new equipment/processes are developed.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new and revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Addresses production stops and takes corrective action when problem is process related.
- Collects and analyzes data to drive fact based decisions for continuous improvement.
- Helps maintain monthly performance metrics.
- Verifies rate for current processes and updates SAP as required.
- Coordinates product approvals with Quality Engineering team and if acceptable, releases the product to production.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in INDUSTRIAL Engineering.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD and/or other design related tools required.
At PPC we trust in our people, products, and direction which allow us to cultivate a winning environment bringing us to where we are today. As the industry leader, we not only value the customer, but we make it a point to treat each employee like family. By fostering a good work-life balance, offering training opportunities, education assistance, excellent medical benefits, wellness initiatives, and much more, we attract and retain high-level talent to help us grow our business. A career at PPC is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.