PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks and wireless businesses around the world. PPC is proud of its worldwide reputation for technical leadership and innovation. We hold more patents in connector technology than any other company in the world. Seeking out network issues or recurring problems in network components as technology advances ensures that our solutions exceed our customers' and the industry's expectations for value, quality and reliability.
PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
PPC (a Belden Company) is now seeking and experienced Quality Compliance Engineer for our Syracuse, NY facility.
The Quality Compliance Engineer will be responsible for supporting the sustainment and continued development of the Quality Management System (QMS), Supplier FAI/PPAP system and the SPC administration at PPC. The Quality Compliance Engineer will provide support to all aspects of the manufacturing process through engineering/technical projects, generating quality SOPs/instructions, root cause analysis, developing programs for monitoring processes, equipment and training of department personnel.
Responsibilities for our Quality Compliance Engineer will Include:
- Maintains the ISO9001 Quality Management System for the whole company.
- Coordinates and conducts ISO9001 internal audits and external training to the internal auditor team.
- Communicates with registrar and coordinates registrar audits.
- Coordinates corrective actions in response to internal and registrar non-conformances, internal audit non-conformances, opportunities for improvement, and system weaknesses.
- Analyzes internal non-conforming reports and findings and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Reports progress of improvements to the Senior Management Team.
- Provides technical expertise on the ISO9001 standard and QMS requirements.
- Provides ongoing training to the internal auditors with regarding the ISO9001 standard and documentation requirements.
- Issues corrective action based upon company policies and procedures in regards to ISO standards working in coordination with the company management team.
- Organizes the management review meeting and reports to the management team with regard to the QMS status.
- Manages and maintains the Supplier FAI/PPAP system for Syracuse and the global operations.
- Leads the FAI/PPAP inspection team to perform inspection/tests to the samples submitted from the suppliers.
- Reviews the inspection report, confirms and verifies the major issues/findings.
- Approves and releases the FAI report to the corresponding departments.
- Responses and provides feedback to the supplier questions on PPAP issues and provide the solutions.
- Maintains an efficient FAI/PPAP process and keep tracking the status of submissions.
- Supervise the PPAP QC inspectors.
- Manages and supports the SPC system for the global operations
- Maintains and provides the technical support to the PPC SPC system implementation;
- Setups SPC template for specific tasks, part numbers and processes.
- Reviews and analyzes the SPC data.
- Generates quality documentation to include, but not limited to, in process inspection instructions, gauging requirements, and SPC control requirements for each assembly or part.
- Participates in problem solving and development of corrective actions. When necessary, aides in root cause identification and tracks corrective actions to closure. Works with all factory functions to assure the problem does not repeat itself.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience for our Quality Compliance Engineer:
- Bachelor or Associate degree is required (degree in Engineering preferred.)
- Minimum 1 year of ISO9001 QMS working experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- 3 or more years of manufacturing, design, or quality experience preferred, experience with GD&T preferred.
- ISO 9001 lead auditor or TS 16949 auditor certification preferred.
- Experience with Minitab and other SPC software are preferred.
- Six-sigma black belt or green belt preferred.
- Ability to interpret the mechanical engineering drawing/blueprints requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills to effectively deal with individuals at all levels.
- Strong knowledge about the SPC tools/implementation and good analytical skills.
- Well-developed organization skills, including the ability to handle many details and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software. Strong skill in MS Excel is preferred.
- Ability to maintain good records in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a culturally diverse workplace
At PPC we trust in our people, products, and direction which allow us to cultivate a winning environment bringing us to where we are today. As the industry leader, we not only value the customer, but we make it a point to treat each employee like family. By fostering a good work-life balance, offering training opportunities, education assistance, excellent medical benefits, wellness initiatives, and much more, we attract and retain high-level talent to help us grow our business. A career at PPC is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.