PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks and wireless businesses around the world. PPC is proud of its worldwide reputation for technical leadership and innovation. We hold more patents in connector technology than any other company in the world. Seeking out network issues or recurring problems in network components as technology advances ensures that our solutions exceed our customers' and the industry's expectations for value, quality and reliability.
PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
PPC (a Belden Company), is now seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Syracuse, NY location. Our Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design of new and existing products. The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide engineering support on applicable product lines to both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities of our Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Designs, develops, and enhances connectors and other related products to assigned department.
- Works on driving cost out of the designs of high volume products, this includes preparing and submitting target designs and project schedules to meet cost reduction goals.
- Serves as an integral part of new product development teams and work from conception through production.
- Develops products using SolidWorks.
- Participates in product design reviews.
- Prototyping /modeling design.
- Tests mechanical and electrical properties to ensure quality and reliability.
- Provides support in the field as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience for our Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- 1 or more years of engineering or design experience.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD programs, (SolidWorks experience a plus.)
- Familiarity with metal materials and CNC, Lathe or other screw machine equipment.
- Proven strength in using AutoCAD programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills to effectively deal with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed organization skills, including the ability to handle many details and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while upholding quality standards.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Excellent independent judgement with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a culturally diverse workplace.
- Prior injection molding and metal stamping experience, preferred.
At PPC we trust in our people, products, and direction which allow us to cultivate a winning environment bringing us to where we are today. As the industry leader, we not only value the customer, but we make it a point to treat each employee like family. By fostering a good work-life balance, offering training opportunities, education assistance, excellent medical benefits, wellness initiatives, and much more, we attract and retain high-level talent to help us grow our business. A career at PPC is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.