When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
Plans, designs, and develops Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that enhance analytics and reporting capabilities. Translates requirements into solutions; creates, maintains and supports BI solutions and reporting structures. Works throughout project lifecycle, from scoping to final delivery, to ensure that solutions are properly scoped, designed, implemented, and tested to meet business needs. Improves business effectiveness leveraging information across the enterprise. Creates and maintains (full software development lifecycle) BI solutions in a learning organization that values process improvement. General understanding of the full architecture stack; ability to communicate effectively on a variety of IT topics.
Essential Functions include:
- Designs, develops, and maintains enterprise data warehouse; integrates BI solutions within enterprise data warehouse.
- Performs planned maintenance (e.g., application upgrades, releases, enhancements, service packs, etc.) on BI solutions and underlying infrastructure.
- Internal subject matter expert on IT solutions; develops, designs, and maintains enterprise data warehouse
- Supports BI solutions; performs triage on incidents, troubleshoots issues, and resolves incidents while communicating with stakeholders.
- Provides superior customer service while managing relationships with end users, business leaders, and others to ensure service delivery exceeds expectations.
- Utilizes sound development life cycle practices, adheres to established processes, and documents delivery of application solutions (including business analysis, design, testing, implementation, support, and decommissioning). Performs changes according to process, teamwork, and best practices for IT Change Management. Documents change, facilitates architecture review, plans and schedules change, coordinates with stakeholders, conducts testing, ensures training needs are addressed, and plans for roll-back in the event that roll-back is needed.
- Follows best practices and guidelines to support best-of-breed dashboards, metrics, scorecards, and reporting solutions providing a high level of customer service to internal clients with an emphasis on partnership and collaboration. Implements and supports data warehouse architecture.
- Ensures that adequate security procedures are developed and followed, to protect Elevations from potential loss and ensures the confidentiality of the information is maintained by the system.
- Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of applications to training programs, support processes, and operating procedures.
- Analysis – Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Security – Ensures that security is maintained and not compromised (to include attacks, unauthorized access, and confidentiality of data).
- IT Knowledge – Stays current with emerging technology trends.
- Supervision – Provides a degree of technical leadership; innovates and improves standard operating procedures.
VP, IT Planning and Application Development
No supervisory responsibility
Required Education and Experience:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience; B.S., Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 or more years of related experience.
- Expertise with database and data warehouse designs, data modeling, data performance tuning, data integration.
- Expertise with T-SQL – queries, stored procedures, functions, views, constraints.
- Expertise in development and maintenance of SQL Server Integration Services code for ETL and ELT.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies as required.
- Knowledge and applied documentation experience with a variety of industry concepts, methodologies, and frameworks within data warehouse and business intelligence field including requirements, architecture, and design documentation.
- Knowledge and experience working in Agile software development and concepts of ITIL practices.
- Prefer knowledge of cloud computing and Microsoft Azure services like Azure SQL DW, Azure SQL DB and other services.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps and its different components including Repos and Pipelines a plus.
- Prefer familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, including the ability to design, develop, and integrate data sources to support reports using SQL Server or Analysis Services data sources
- Prefer familiarity with multi-dimensional databases with the ability to create calculated members and key performance indicators (KPIs); must possess a working knowledge of MDX
- Prefer familiar with Data Quality, Metadata Management, and Master Data Management concepts and practices.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Scope of work will include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives requiring extreme confidentiality. Communication may involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
- Prefer general application development experience in addition to BI development
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Regular, Full-time, Normal business hours
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.