Manages staff and oversees multiple supply chain activities for the Operations, to include customer service, planning/scheduling, procurement, inventory control, receiving, warehouse stock control and shipping. Manage the overall control and movement of materials in and out of the plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of Supply Chain Strategies and systems.
- Ensure that the Planning & Purchasing function supports the Operation in meeting customer requirements.
- Plan, direct, control, coordinate and evaluate inventory control, stocking and forecasting for the organization.
- Manage customer demand through developing Customer relationships and understanding the entire Supply Chain.
- Integrate SAP into Supply Chain processes and utilize SAP for materials, Supplier & Customer management.
- Be Site Lead for all SAP upgrade projects and special needs; be SAP liaison for the facility.
- Ensure that Supply Chain systems are developed and implemented to meet the Operation's quality and environmental requirements.
- Develop new Supply Chain processes for new programs and is a key member of New Product Introduction teams.
- Own process to continually and systemically review materials management metrics and reports to ensure the Planning & Purchasing and Inventory Control functions are focused on the right activities yielding optimal results.
- Support the development of Jabil Supply Chain strategies and systems.
- Manage interaction with customers and suppliers to obtain feedback and ensure collaboration with Operations, Suppliers and Customers to develop supply chain solutions that improves Jabil's performance and service levels.
- Monitor and drive down overall cost of materials including materials cost, freight expenses, administration expenses and cost of materials management. Ensure that MPV is optimized.
- Eliminate Jabil’s materials liability and minimize materials liabilities for customers. Ensure that all materials in stock and on order peg to customer authorized purchases and that purchase orders are placed with Jabil-approved terms & conditions. Analyze obsolete, excess, and slow moving inventory and recommend action.
- Ensure that suppliers are selected based on overall cost effectiveness and their ability to meet Jabil's requirements. Monitor, track and provide feedback on suppliers' performance on overall cost, deliver and quality.
- Provide business analysis and process/system development resources to optimize transactions and provide required information to the Business and Customers in a timely, readable format to optimize materials management performance.
- Develop and staff the Supply Chain organization to meet personal and department goals and objectives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain, Materials Management) preferred. APICS certification desirable.
- Plus 5 - 7 years’ experience in Manufacturing, within Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, and Materials Management.
- Experience in managing department responsible for most or all aspects of supply chain functions or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
- Hands on, practical knowledge of SAP for supply chain functions, and working knowledge of SAP’s overall functionality for a manufacturing operation
- Proficient in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives, with ability to devise and implement strategies to achieve targets.
- Skilled in managing business analytics to for optimum supply chain performance as well as solid convincing communication skills.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and managing continuous improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry as well as international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Strong analytical ability as well as Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills required.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.