Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
Employee Sub-Group: Regular FT Salaried
Work Schedule: Standard Hours
Location: Work from Home , Any
Position Title: Junior Photography Assistant
Would you like the opportunity to work in a world-class Brand Photography Team? Do you have a background in photography? Do you like to work in a dynamic and fast paced creative agency environment? If so, you might be suited for a unique experience to work with a world-class organization at a full-time capacity.
The Lionbridge Technologies is an award-winning company with clients such as Cisco, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Dell, and more. We’re looking for someone with a strong photography background who is a team player, proactive, multitasker, and detail oriented with strong communication skills. This person will be supporting one of these multi-billion-dollar companies internal creative agency Photography department in a wide variety of creative related projects. Additionally, the ideal candidate will work with the creative internal team and must also be comfortable engaging directly with clients on creative projects and questions.
- Manage incoming Ask Brand photo questions and ensure the highest client satisfaction, including (but not limited to), Brand Exchange (a dynamically built, permission-driven website, providing resources to communicate the Brand issues, engagement with photography vendors, partners image usage, licensing, team’s photography services, etc.
- Enable clear communications with clients while collaborating with the team’s subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Assist the Photography service lead with the approval, usage of Brand photography/assets, and providing creative alternatives for imagery that is not brand compliant.
- Conduct photography searches on Company Brand Asset Repository and help educate users on the functionality of the site for optimal do-it-yourself (DIY) photo searches.
- Conduct photography searches outside of Company Brand Asset Repository to help other teams align with the organization vision and voice while maintaining quality control standards when necessary.
- Maintain Brand Asset Repository’s photography and Content Builder (platform enabling brand compliant content) catalog up to date by uploading new imagery, key wording, and archiving older and outdated imagery.
- Assist the photography service lead with any possible photography audits.
- Supports the photography service lead with the global search of talent, including project-based freelancers.
- Maintain our CMYK – TIFF bank imagery up to date and organized while also providing clients with needed CMYK imagery for print usage.
- Assist our photography service lead with our Adobe Stocks coordination, team credit allocation and governance; provides updates to photography service lead and Hatch Ops as needed
- Assists with the management of other photography/imagery accounts (e.g, Getty Images), including credit allocation to the internal team and usage tracking; provides updates to photography service and Ops leads as needed.
- Support the photography service lead with services’ financials to ensure the team’s chargeback model recovers costs related to projects.
- Understand the importance of winning over clients over, and setting up calls and meeting with clients "face-to-face" in order to be more efficient at addressing concerns or feedback they need for a project.
Nice to Have
- Act as retoucher with basic image editing and retouching callouts whenever needed.
- Ability to help create and maintain the photography department’s dashboards and reports (via Workfront) for request volume, trends, financials and other related data.
- Assists photography department adhere to established service level agreements (SLAs), including (but not limited to), on time and on budget delivery for all the projects (except for scope changes from the client side) and achieve no escalation from the internal and external stakeholders
- Assists photography department with client engagement, request intake, management and data accuracy for all incoming requests
- Ability to project manage multiple projects simultaneous in a very dynamic environment.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3+ years of photography experience in a dynamic creative agency environment
- Photography or related degree.
- Experience with project management of photography-related requests
- Commercial studio photography experience is a big plus.
- Knowledge and skills using Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Outlook, Power Point, Excel.
- Knowledge of Capture One software is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Multitasker, problem solver and self-driven
- People person with a great attitude.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with a global team (local and virtual) in many different time zones
- General knowledge of photography is a must.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.