Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
Employee Sub-Group: Regular FT Salaried
Location: Austin , Texas
Position Title: Technical Writer
Technical Writers are responsible for creating and updating knowledge base articles and help topics, for customer and internal audiences.
- Collaborate with Lionbridge Lead Technical Writer and the client to create and update knowledge base articles.
- Write clear, simple content that speaks to customers in their own language.
- Suggest ways to improve content with formatting and visuals.
- Give constructive feedback to your peers and review your own work with others.
- Ensure content is technically accurate and meets client standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders (engineers, marketing, legal, more).
- Collaborate with content strategists to analyze underperforming content and suggest ways to enhance it.
- Manage content projects and proactively communicate status.
- Look for ways to make your content better - keep raising the bar.
- Organize and track assignments, routing final copy to the appropriate teams.
- Exceptional writing, editing, formatting, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of content management systems.
- Experience transforming content using formatting and visuals.
- Experience using Mac OS, and Mac apps such as Pages.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on tight timelines.
- Ability to write clear, procedure-based content, and convert referential content to action-oriented guidance.
- Experience collaborating with writers, visual designers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new style standards.
- Aptitude for quickly understanding a wide array of products and software.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and diplomatically
- Passion for providing a great customer experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience writing minimized content.
- Understanding of SEO concepts and how readers find and use content on the web.
- Experience writing customer-facing content for Mac-related products.
- Working knowledge of HTML and Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience writing content optimized for localization.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technical communication, English, writing and composition, or similar field (Master's degree in technical communication preferred).
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years with a Master's degree.
To apply: Go to https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=lionbridgeP and use Requisition Number 21835
Lionbridge is a global outsourcing company that combines its worldwide technical documentation, learning development and engineering expertise. Organizations rely on Lionbridge’s content and engineering services to help increase the speed of production adoption and gain market share in local and global markets. Global Content and Engineering is a division of Lionbridge that supports our customer’s global product lifecycle from engineering, validation, technical documentation, training, translation and engineering support. With multiple development centers across three continents, Lionbridge combines its worldwide design and development expertise with proven program management to bring life to our clients products. We strive to deliver our solutions to global users and customers in the aerospace, automotive, education, industrial, life sciences, software and teleco verticals, leveraging our multi-shore delivery platform for continuous, long-term efficiency and quality improvements. To learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lionbridge welcomes and embraces a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, or protected military or veteran status.