· The Data Collector is responsible for the collection and collation of technical data from a variety of Engineering and Manufacturing departments
· Data Collectors gather information from a wide variety of sources such as equipment, databases, spreadsheets, corporate intranets, laboratory reports and meeting minutes. Required data is engineering-related and used to identify and improve quality, consistency and time to market for client products.
· Data Collectors must be able to interpret complex technical data in simple and easy to understand ways.
· Data Collectors also collate information into a complete package for transfer to a data analysis team for analysis and interpretation.
· Data Collectors must be motivated and proactive, and be able to positively interact with many different departments and teams within a client organisation.
· Collection and Collation of technical data from a wide variety of sources
· Interpretation of complex technical data
· Preparation of data/information packages for transfer to Data Analysis team
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
· Collect appropriate engineering data for usage in databases and conduct related research
· Interview client stakeholders to identify relevant data resources
· Work with clients to identify potential data sources required for analysis
· Research databases, intranets and other data sources for relevant information
· Collate all found data into single package for further analysis
· Integrate collected data into statistical programs such as Minitab to perform analysis
· Run reports and statistical analyses from Minitab, Excel and other software, following standard statistical methods
· Identify accurate variables from original information or data and complete statistical analysis as required
· Interpret data analysis results and provide written summary of data analysis
· Write reports and prepare and deliver presentations of findings
· Colleagues/Data Collectors
· Customer Stakeholders
· Team Leader, Data Collection
· Project Coordinator (ME & TDS Programs)
· Educated to GCSE level, (or equivalent), in English & Maths, Grade C or above
· Experience in a technical environment preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
· Must be detail oriented with strong attention to detail
· Ability to understand and analyse various types of engineering data
· Knowledge and experience of statistical methods and techniques
· Experience of working with different kinds of data tools such as Excel, Minitab and other statistical programs to run basic data analysis
· Able to work with different kinds of data, including databases, spreadsheets, etc.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
· Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
· Able to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness
· Ability to work remotely when required