The mission of Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. (MHM) is “Serving Humanity to Honor God” by improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of those least served in the Rio Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church.
- Under supervision of Licensed Clinical Social Worker Supervisor:
- Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders, trauma, addiction and case management for uninsured population.
- Uses evidence based practices and various treatment methods to include but not limited to Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Short-brief focused therapy in the provision of individual, marital, couple, psychotherapy and family and group therapy
- Uses the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), and other diagnostic classification systems in assessment, diagnosis and other activities.
- Applies specialized knowledge and advanced practice skills in the areas of treatment planning, implementation and evaluation, case management, information and referral, supervision, consultation, education, research, advocacy, community organization, and the development, implementation and administration of policies, programs and activities.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide integrated behavioral health and primary care services
- Ensures that Social Work Services Team Members are qualified to carry out their duties and receive specialized training required by Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM)
- Communicates effectively with clients, MHM staff, and participants in interdisciplinary team.
- Cooperates with and contributes to the development and implementation of the integrated primary care and behavioral health services model of care.
- Oversees the work of the Social Work Supervisors.
- Oversees and coordinates day-to-day operation of case flow, assessments, crisis interventions, and policy development to ensure effective execution of social work services.
- Assists in the development of strategies and models to promote the integration of all MHM services and/or programs.
- Promotes interactive communication with other MHM programs, the community, and other community agencies.
- Analyzes program data and produces reports for the Director of Behavioral Health and Social Services.
- Analyzes data to assist in improved planning, development and effective use of resources.
- Uses Evidence Based Practices to improve the effectiveness of program services and improved outcomes for patients/clients.
- Develops measures to assess outcomes of treatment plans and/or services to be used by all providers, both for case management and social work services.
- Establishes productivity expectations for Social Work Services
- Tracks productivity of individual Social Workers and Social Work units and assists Social Work Supervisors in ensuring that productivity expectations are met
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team to develop and maintain quality assurance activities that evaluate the effectiveness of the case management and social work services.
- Assists in the planning, coordinating and implementing of projects and programs to include but not be limited to identifying needs, researching, and defining Social Work Case Manager, Social Work Case Manager II, Social Work Case Manager III and Social Work Case Manager IV caseloads and services.
- Ensures Team Members are appropriately selected, trained and evaluated
- Develops, maintains, and updates MHM policies and procedures.
- Ensures client records are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Develops and refines linkages between programs, community health care facilities, social service providers, schools, and other agencies.
- Maintains accurate records of budget activities in accordance with budget specifications.
- Manages assigned program budgets to include input for budget requests, commitment and execution of funds. Advise concerning budget execution and variances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree in Social Work (MSSW or MSW), minimum five years experience in providing counseling, case management and clinical social work practice and minimum three years experience managing/supervising similar services.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze medical documents. Fluent in English required; Spanish bilingual preferred.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Word and Excel. Ability to efficiently document in the electronic health record.
Ability to drive and have access to a car, maintain a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent in-town travel required. Periodic regional travel maybe required.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a medical office environment having direct contact with patients and clients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 25 pounds. Maybe required to work evenings and/or weekends
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
MHM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MHM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MHM makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodation would impose an undue business hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process. We can be reached at 210-692-9423 or email Diane Rodriguez at email@example.com or fax at 1888-653-3968.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact our Corporate Recruiter Diane Rodriguez at 210-692-9423 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.