The National Association of Manufacturers is seeking an experienced government relations professional to collaborate extensively with the Senior Vice President of Policy and Government Relations (SVP) on legislative activities and regulatory response initiatives. The Vice President, Government Relations position serves as a senior government relations professional for the NAM, along with the SVP and NAM President. This position ensures the effectiveness of Washington advocacy on behalf of NAM members.
Join the NAM and Make an Impact in the Following Ways:
The Administration and Congressional Liaison - Work to advance the NAM's policy agenda through strong relationships with key Administration and Congressional officials and staff. Ensure that all lobbying activities are consistent with the NAM policy agenda and seek member support on these activities.
Media and External Liaison Activities – Engage in media interviews on policy issues as directed by the Communications Division. Serve as a spokesperson as appropriate by giving speeches or making presentations. Engage in outreach with relevant associations, coalitions and other business groups.
Staff Leadership & Management - Provide leadership and operational oversight of the Government Relations departmental activities and assigned staff members. Actively manage workload, priorities and the execution of duties by staff members. Engage in performance management of staff through frequent feedback and by conducting mid-year and year-end performance appraisals.
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
Manage professional and administrative staff members as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (political science, public policy, etc.).
- 8 – 10 years of experience in legislative/regulatory affairs.
- Capitol Hill experience highly desirable;
- Proven management capabilities supervising and leading a team;
- Must possess exceptional political savvy and have a very strong knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced, quality and goal driven environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Get involved. Make an impact. Join the NAM team.
Learn more at www.nam.org/careers