Director, Labor & Employment Policy
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is seeking a Director of Labor and Employment Law. This position works with association members to develop NAM policies on a broad range of labor and employment issues and advocates these positions with members of Congress, Congressional staff, administration officials, federal agencies and the press. The director performs other duties that advance the work of the department and the association, including related research, media and member outreach.
Join the NAM and Make an Impact in the Following Ways:
- Monitor, track, and study proposed policy and legislation to determine possible effects on manufacturing and NAM member companies; conduct policy background research to maintain requisite job knowledge and expertise.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, conferences and other exchanges between member companies and other stakeholders to develop NAM policy.
- Coordinate, direct and participate in lobbying activities with NAM members on labor and employment policy issues; meet with Congressional members, staff and Administration officials to identify, discuss and resolve policy issues.
- Develop, direct and work with coalitions of other industry groups and companies as part of policy advocacy campaigns. Manage and provide staff support for coalitions.
- Prepare policy papers, issue briefs, memoranda, testimony, policy updates, talking points, etc. to inform member companies, the press and the public about manufacturing priorities. Handle press inquiries and interviews covering all relevant policy areas.
- Engage member companies and be responsive to their requests and professional in all interactions. Assist with member recruitment and retention.
- Prepare and file regulatory comments, prepare and deliver testimony at public hearings, and present NAM positions at briefings and member company and other events.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, J.D. strongly preferred;
- Approximately three to five years of related association, law firm, corporation or executive branch and/or Hill experience;
- An in-depth understanding of the various labor and employment policy challenges facing U.S. manufacturers;
- Thorough knowledge of the public policy process; excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Previous background in labor relations, employment law, administrative law, or regulatory policy is helpful, as is general knowledge of government contractor issues;
- Experience handling media inquiries is helpful;
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, quality driven work environment.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, vacation and sick leave, complimentary on-site gym access and healthy snacks in the break room. Become part of a fast paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.
People. Passion. Progress.
Join the NAM team. Learn more at www.nam.org/careers