Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
- Construct and exploit open source and classified threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs).
- Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
- Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise Create and add custom signatures, to mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise using the latest threat information obtained from multiple sources.
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
- Notify the management team of significant changes in the security threat against the government networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations within the intelligence community regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
- Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with POLY.
- A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience or a High School Diploma and 13-15 years of related experience.
- Related experience: computer network penetration testing and techniques; computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery; computer intrusion analysis and incident response, intrusion detection; computer network surveillance/monitoring; network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Progressively responsible experience in cyber security analysis, incident response, or related experience.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
- 8570-compliant IAT Level I or CND-A.
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence Analyst.
- Research experience in tracking cyber threat and malware campaign activity.
- Tool agnostic ability to conduct preliminary malware analysis.
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures.
- Prior experience in network forensics with an emphasis on detecting malicious activity using network traffic.
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network Protocols.
- Strong scripting and task automation skills.
- Experience doing dynamic malware analysis.
So what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
Get a referral bonus for the great people you know! With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to win outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.