For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven was established in 1956. Today, Raven is publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN) and has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
The Engineering Tech III will assist engineering by designing, testing, fabricating, and/or troubleshooting a process, system, assembly, or product.
• Assist engineering and coordinate with internal teams on a variety of products and processes, including: engineering specifications, drawings, models, manuals, processes, or bill of materials.
• Assemble and document prototype and custom one of a kind electrical and mechanical assemblies.
• Research, investigate, and select technical data pertinent to the assigned project.
• Work with internal teams and external sources to obtain and communicate data relative to engineering requirements.
• May be involved in the bid process.
• Write test plans, conduct tests, and document results.
• Prepare and present technical reports and recommendations on projects.
• Participate in department improvement activities.
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in field related to specific position is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Knowledge in wiring and electronics assembly techniques.
• Basic problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Ability to read drawings and work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.
• Ability to lead other Technicians
• Exercises independent judgment with broadly defined practices and policies in obtaining results.
Sioux Falls, SD
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability