For more than 60 years Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to solve great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and aerospace markets. Our purpose is to Solve Great Challenges. Our purpose is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provides profitable growth opportunities, and aligns with our corporate values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol RAVN. The Company has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 1,000 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four dimensions are the foundation on which we do business and set ourselves apart in the marketplace.
The Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst (M&A Analyst) will perform market research related tasks that help identify and evaluate M&A opportunities that achieve overall company acquisition strategy as set by divisional strategic objectives. The M&A Analyst will organize and maintain acquisition pipeline and visibility tools, will collaborate with business development and sales leaders in each Division, as well as with R&D teams, Finance and Legal.
• Conduct company and market research projects, competitive analysis, and other market intelligence reporting that aligns with the company’s acquisition strategy.
• Monitor market and technology trends and the competitive landscape to help identify acquisition and other business investment opportunities.
• Develop an enduring process for inter-departmental coordination, appropriate for Raven, related to all aspects of acquisition.
• Work with company leadership to organize and formalize the acquisition process.
• Participate in company prospecting, and initial analysis of each prospect, and provide unbiased perspective on the value of the target.
• Ensure appropriate visibility of acquisition pipeline for Executives and division leadership.
• Maintain and publish company acquisition pipeline for each division.
• Collect data on competitors and markets, and how our competitors’ growth strategy may impact Raven.
• Analyze and consolidate data into actionable items that align with Raven’s strategic plans.
• Gather data on new and existing products and companies that align with division’s strategy.
• Attend trade shows and travel to potential targets to better understand fit and valuation for acquisition.
• Prepare various documents and reports as needed, including support for modeling valuations of targets.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
• Minimum 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with market research and Mergers and Acquisition is preferred.
• Ability to deliver presentations in a large group environment.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong administrative skills. Must be very detail oriented.
• Demonstrated innovative and creative thinking.
• Exceptional oral and written communications.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Ability to travel up to 50%, including international travel, for trade shows and meetings with targets.
Sioux Falls, SD
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability