For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Raven was established in 1956. Today, Raven is publicly traded on NASDAQ (RAVN) and has earned an international reputation for innovation, product quality, high performance, and unmatched service. Employing approximately 900 team members, Raven is represented by three business segments, each with unique customers, products, and markets served:
Raven aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
The Test Technician II will be responsible for lab and/or field testing of new products and designs for the division’s products.
• Write test plans, conduct tests, and document results as required by engineering or design teams.
• Develop and maintain operational and technical knowledge of the division’s product line.
• Provide input on product improvement opportunities.
• Support the development and maintenance of testing processes, methods and practices.
• Coordinate with internal teams on a variety of items, including: engineering specifications, drawings, manuals, processes, or bill of materials.
• Work with internal teams and external sources to obtain and communicate data relative to engineering requirements.
• Lead or participate in department improvement activities.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Participate in the development of test plans.
• Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related to activities and projects.
• Assist with larger scale projects or issues, such as cost analysis.
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in field related to specific position.
• 5+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of electrical/mechanical test procedures and use of test equipment.
• Knowledge of HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) procedures is preferred.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Above average math skills.
• Ability to read blueprints and work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.
Sioux Falls, SD
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability